Next build off………

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rough draft - not finalized!!!!!

Must meet at least 2 of the following 3 criteria to be considered a Muscle Bike:

1. Rear tire larger than the front. (Wider or taller or both)
2: Banana/Polo seat
3: Muscle bike appropriate bars
(Apes, mini apes, Butterfly, Rams Horns, steering wheels, or any other weird variants, etc)

You CAN have all 3!!

• Start a new thread in the forum’s Build Off section and use the bike name as the post “Subject/Title.” Keep a running journal in your thread about your build. This is a build off, not a bike show. Any bikes built prior to or not documented are not eligible
  • Must include before, progress, and finished photos (all in one thread please)
  • Bikes must be ride-able and pedal powered.
  • The Build Off will begin at 12 am North American Central Time on 9/1/23 and Final finished bike photos must be posted in the “Finished Bikes” thread by 12 noon North American Central Time 11/30/23
  • Any questions about the build off must be submitted in the discussion section.
  • Please be courteous to others and do not fill their build journals with off-topic posts. If it continues after a moderator warning, your account will be nuked.

This whole competition is all in good fun. The whole point is to be creative, build something cool and have fun!

Class 1: Super Stock/Mild Custom: Only for rebuilt and refurbished original muscle bikes or bikes that represent the true nature of muscle bikes utilizing a stock frame. Only minor frame changes are allowed (cutting off tabs, etc)
This is more of a paint, shine, resto, mod for the bolt on builder
Extensive frame mods may be moved into class 2

Anything that bolts on, including forks, can be modified as much as you want.

Class 2: Super Modified, no holds barred, stretch, slam, built from scratch, do what you want as long as it is ridable and meets Rule #1

Multiple entries from one builder are allowed, but they must have their own build threads and be entered for voting separately

There are 2 classes

Nope. It must have 2 out of the 3 minimum. Which 2 are up to you
Ahhhh I was confusing criteria 1 with rule 1. All is clear

As in where one of the classes isn’t a muscle bike.
Some people like to push the boundaries, make non muscle bikes that meet criteria. I was almost able to meet 3 of 3 with a BMX. You can trust me, if I'm in, it will not be conventional

I’m a maybe. Restored muscle bikes don’t do much for me. I do really appreciate the custom blinged out lowrider/muscle bikes. But I need to get into that like I need a hole in the head.

I do have a very wide el cheapo 20in rim and two wide tires that someone gave me. The tires might actually be shot. IF a frame compatible with the tire falls into my lap I will throw together something ratty. But right now I don’t have the right frame, nor the toolset to modify or build a frame.

I do have that ratty spider frame
Screenshot_20230726-211439.png

I’m a maybe. Restored muscle bikes don’t do much for me. I do really appreciate the custom blinged out lowrider/muscle bikes. But I need to get into that like I need a hole in the head.

I do have a very wide el cheapo 20in rim and two wide tires that someone gave me. The tires might actually be shot. IF a frame compatible with the tire falls into my lap I will throw together something ratty. But right now I don’t have the right frame, nor the toolset to modify or build a frame.
It doesn't need to be blinged out. That's what I do. But I son wanted a rat. So he and I built a rat one year and it placed well, and I think it came out very cool.

1690468262104.png

All right, I’m in with the Murray Eliminator, class 2 . I got some different ideas floating around in the old noggin, I miss the build offs !!
That’s the spirit

I’ve got a frame, a nanner, a set of wheels, some spares for doodaddery, and I think a color/theme

So I guess I can be in

Latest posts

Back