NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
streetpirate said:
man, i was excited about the genesis astro/gx7, but checked one out in person last night and it seems like the cheapest piece of junk :(

This is why you just buy online, then you realize it's just junk *after* you own it.

yoothgeye said:
streetpirate said:
man, i was excited about the genesis astro/gx7, but checked one out in person last night and it seems like the cheapest piece of junk :(

This is why you just buy online, then you realize it's just junk *after* you own it.

the frame seems ok, but the price goes up quick when you have to replace every component.

Schwinn's Delmar at Walmart now has their racks welded on like the Huffy bikes do.

I looked at the Mongoose $199.97 as well and although I seen the small front sprocket it had the smallest rear freewheel sprocket I have eve seen.

i have a blue cranbrook i got from walmart ad banana seat , new pedals , bars ,grips & all the parts cost more than the complete bike did lol

This thread hasn't had any updates for a while, thought I'd post a few things I've seen lately:

Most people here wouldn't have much use for a NEXT bike, but I spied this one, check out the 20x2.5 tires...

wal021401.jpg

There are also what amounts to regular 26" and 29" versions of the Mongoose Beast, for $149 and $159. The 29" has an aluminum frame...

Last edited:
Those aren't quite beasty 4" wheels.

does he know what a mongoose beast is.....lol not those bikes

I know what a beast is, I have one in my shop. I was referring to the fact that they are both single speed cruisers, with oversized BMX/mountain bike type frames, made by Mongoose. The 26" is pretty much the same bike, minus the 4" wide wheels. Thought maybe someone here might be interested in that.

I might buy that blue 29er mtb Mongoose for a 25 mile single speed only mtb race next year. I'll sell it after the race if it survives. I'll probably have the cheapest bike in the race.

Sorry we're not showing the blue Mongeese any love. But a Beast without the FAT tires is just,,,,, well,,,,,,,a Mongoose. :crazy:

Yeah but it occurred to me that I haven't seen any inexpensive 26" single speed BMX type cruisers lately. They are all beach cruiser type bikes, and bikes with MTB type frames are almost always multi speed, so these are interesting to me. Good starting point for a 26" vintage mongoose tribute bike.

^^ agreed. I am going to have to look at that bike either as is, or swap the parts to a vintage frame.

Latest posts

Back