NEW KLUNKER IN TOWN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CCR said:
:lol: No tricks and not an official rule either obviously, just staying away from defining something I have no authority over (opinions)

I'm just building and "dirt bike" and calling it a "klunker", like yoothgeye said "with a twist" but definitely klunker inspired from what I've observed :mrgreen:

Exactly!

Hey Peat! How DARE you! We ALL use our bikes! :lol:

Yeah, the Heavy Duti would be a great Klunker frame, I thought you already had a Heavy Duti???

I'm excited about my Klunker build.

Peatbog said:
Okay then, I have one of these:

hd_zps95c7d971.jpg

I'm probably going with a heavy duti too, may be that exact one even :wink: the build doesn't even start for 3 months and I'm already getting excited about this one, its going to be awesome !!!

We shall see how many others build Klunkers, my frame will not be a Heavy Duti though, it's a 1936 Roadmaster.

I think you guys should add a mandatory "Action Shot" Rule. It would be cool to recreate the same shot to create a montage.

I really like this shot.

klunker.jpg

Here is my version from my Klunker build a few years ago.

c2.jpg

Peatbog said:
I'll probably be doing that quite a bit if I put the slick tires on the bike I have planned.

Haha.

Now where am I going to get a denim jacket that's 2 sizes too small?

aka_locojoe said:
Maybe there should be a build-off of Heavy-Dutis bought from ind-chuckz :D

I've thought about making mine klunkerish but it works so well as my grocery getter.

Everytime I see yours I forget that they came with the black scallops on them from Schwinn and think "Randy made those yellow bikes look a lot cooler". They do look awesome as is but mine will get a paint job.

cman said:
I think you guys should add a mandatory "Action Shot" Rule...

I'm down and I do own a couple denim shirts ... I'll have to check on the bar mounted water bottle cage though.

I don't know about a bottle cage, but I think one of those dual "beer can" hats with the straw would look "vintage."

Peatbog said:
Oh man, that is cool. I especially like how the top tube and seat stays have one big curve all the way from the head tube to the dropouts.

Thanks, I have a mock up "computer rendering" but I'm holding it back till closer to start time.

Peatbog said:
Oh man, that is not good. I wasn't thinking. Now I already have a demerit before this thing even begins. Possibly it will be forgotten by then if I lay low for awhile.

Just pull your head into your shell for a while and see if this all blows over.

Frame looks like an awesome place to start Justin :eek:

My Heavy Duti frame showed from Chuck yesterday, it's going to be hard waiting 3 months to start but maybe it will help me make up my mind on what I want to do by then :mrgreen: I'm going to have to keep myself busy with another project until then I guess, gives me plenty of time to look for that 2 speed cable though ...

CCR said:
Frame looks like an awesome place to start Justin :eek:

My Heavy Duti frame showed from Chuck yesterday, it's going to be hard waiting 3 months to start but maybe it will help me make up my mind on what I want to do by then :mrgreen: I'm going to have to keep myself busy with another project until then I guess, gives me plenty of time to look for that 2 speed cable though ...

Thanks, Terry66 really hooked me up with that frame, I owe him big time. Wonder if he wants my Spaceliner frame?

As for keeping from starting early, I have a part of my build that I can technically start early. I'm building a fork, but when the build off starts the majority of people just throw on a fork they already had, so a pre built fork shouldn't be a big deal, and that's what is going to take the most time for me. I'd really like to not stress myself out over the build, I mean, it's only a bike and we have 3 months to build it, I've build bikes in a day!

I hear ya, I don't have anything to complicated involved. I'd really like to use one of these myself but I don't know if they would be considered a "stock" frame since they are made in limited # and on a demand basis :mrgreen:

67952_295075400614632_431595503_n.jpg

To me, stock means "that's the way you bought it."

How many cars does Ford or Chevy need to make of a model for it to race as a stock car? :roll:

Back