NEW FORUM DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Hate it!!! Cannot even find For Sale section, I click on New Posts and read up on them, I come back a short while later and go back to New Posts, (as its the only forum I can find) and it has several new posts, all the old ones and the one I am trying to respond to IS GONE, It was "accessories For Sale" by simpleman I believe, I looked it up by name and found it but it did not show up in recent posts, Wonder how many more posts I'm missing. I use to scan RatRods all day on my phone, Now its impossible to even get the page to open, the page opens to the new bike picture and thats it, won't go any further. Sorry but this guy just cannot manuever thru the site anymore. Back to the Cabe.

I Hate it!!! Cannot even find For Sale section, I click on New Posts and read up on them, I come back a short while later and go back to New Posts, (as its the only forum I can find) and it has several new posts, all the old ones and the one I am trying to respond to IS GONE, It was "accessories For Sale" by simpleman I believe, I looked it up by name and found it but it did not show up in recent posts, Wonder how many more posts I'm missing. I use to scan RatRods all day on my phone, Now its impossible to even get the page to open, the page opens to the new bike picture and thats it, won't go any further. Sorry but this guy just cannot manuever thru the site anymore. Back to the Cabe.

Thanks for your patience as we try to work out all the bugs. We launched the new site less than a week ago and it's just not possible to achieve perfection in that amount of time. I know that's not easy to understand these days, but you're looking at a one man show right now trying to make everyone happy.

What would be really helpful would be for folks to give technical details like browser type, version of browser, computer's operating system, etc. I get the emotion tied to interrupting people's sales transactions, but I'm really wanting constructive criticism if possible. :)

OK I just left and came back and this thread, NEW FORUM DISCUSSION is not on the Recent Posts list even thou CMAN responded. I had to go to My Content to find it. What I am saying is not ALL New Posts are showing up.

Sorry Steve, Didn't mean to ruffle feathers here Just frustrating not getting what I want when I want it. I'll relax and wait it out. I am a Diehard Ratrodder and am not going anywhere. I give you the utmost credit for doing what you do. Rick

Yeh, Doesn't show up for me either. There may be a setting that is off, I will check with Steve.

This new software operates differently, so there will be a learning curve and lots of patience needed.

Cannot even find For Sale section

Click on Forums at the top, scroll down to The Swap Meet section, then click on For Sale

Thanks Rick....it's been a fun few days! :21:

airplane_robert_hays_ted_striker_sweating_profusely.png

:banghead:, boy do I feel stupid now, I was cursing over FORUMS and looking at what was offered, I Never clicked on the Forum name, DUH

I'm not totally familiar with the Android version, but on the iPhone version it seems that you can do quite a bit.

Some examples would be...
  • Reply to threads/posts
  • Share threads/posts
  • Subscribe to threads
  • Edit posts
  • Delete posts
  • View Subscribed Posts
  • View Unread Posts
  • Check your "Convos" (PMs)
  • Send Messages (Conversations)
  • View Participated threads
  • View List of Forums
  • Search
  • View Member List
  • Attach photos to posts
I also have quite a few moderating tools to use in it as well.

Not bad for a free app.

Here are the Android screen shots.

Screen shot 2013-12-02 at 11.29.26 PM.png

Does the "news feed" show up on tapatalk ? I'm just now getting the hang of it on the full site, works pretty much like facebook does with people you "follow"

Can someone running IE10 and IE11 tell me if the Ebay banners are wacky looking...i.e. scattered all over the screen?

Iam lost here , it says no watched threeads , no watched forums , no alerts , no news feed , and the my content section only show my onw post ... i hate it !
upgrade is good , but this i consider downgrade to a modern version . sorry , i had to empty my mind ,and i respect all the work you put into this , but i just hate it (the new site)

Back