New bike at Walmart... this is... ummm... bad

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good point. I remember paying .49 cents for cars years ago. A buck doesn't sound so bad nowadays.
I guess it's the cheap China production that keeps the prices down. If I recall correctly the original Hot Wheels were made in both the US and Hong Kong. The Matchbox/Lesney were made in England.

1 piece headset, to mainstream. really wouldnt mind taking a whack at it with my "super awesome" design abilities (aka geometry boredome and a notebook) hmmmmm

MATTEL now owns mb;
some of the old casting are showing
up in the MATCHBOX.
back to the hippie breaking cycle.
it would be good transportation
to the ChineseBUFFET.
:mrgreen: :idea: :lol: :lol: :!:

At least the Canadian version looks better, colour wise at least. :D

Hamilton2-20110720-00208.jpg

HotRodRob said:
At least the Canadian version looks better, colour wise at least. :D

Hamilton2-20110720-00208.jpg

I have seen the yellow and red ones in Savannah, but I do remember seeing the white/red/black ones for about $150.

That bike is the Canadian version of the Mongoose Cachet (I have one of those in black and white) this is not the Thruster FIXIE from page 1, the Cachet, though Mongoose China junk, is better than the Thruster FIXIE parts and frame. The Cachet was $150usd.

saw this outside the neighbors house this morning... i dont think you can get a lock like that at a bike shop... :roll:

IMG_20110830_092012.jpg

IMG_20110830_092026.jpg

IMG_20110830_092039.jpg

Does it not annoy anybody else that these bikes come with hand brakes on painted rims? Maybe its just from a bike-restore-er? perspective. But the sight of that just pisses me off! LOL.

scrumblero said:
the braking surface is machined it looks like...

It is a machined surface on the Mongoose Cachet shown in some of these photos, but the McDonalds "Fixie" that I started this thread about has painted rims.

yoothgeye said:
scrumblero said:
the braking surface is machined it looks like...

It is a machined surface on the Mongoose Cachet shown in some of these photos, but the McDonalds "Fixie" that I started this thread about has painted rims.

:oops: so it does!

Back