my trike is done!..... even made my bed...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: my trike is done!..... i think....NOT!

ohchusan said:
wish me luck! :shock:

Somehow, judging from the rest of the bike, I don't think that you're dependent of luck! I bet it'll turn out looking great, like all that you've done so far! :)

Galtbacken said:
ohchusan said:
wish me luck! :shock:

Somehow, judging from the rest of the bike, I don't think that you're dependent of luck! I bet it'll turn out looking great, like all that you've done so far! :)

thank you Galtbacken!

well guys and gals!.... i think THIS time its done.....?..

here are the pictures!..
3489956867_c98b9a43ca_b.jpg

3489960531_087565c00c_b.jpg

3490775270_a7cc185443_b.jpg

what's a truck bed with no cargo space right?! :D
3490780276_5e59efcd05_b.jpg

even has a rumble seat of sorts.... and running boards for the little one to ride shotgun.

might do some upholstery for that seat though...
3490800278_1a35833471_b.jpg

Re: my trike is done!..... i think....

ohchusan said:
thanks guys! glad you like...

rides really strange, not being able to lean into a turn.. haha but its comfy....

i am having trouble shifting though, since the stick shift is not notched, i have to guess the location of the gears so sometimes i get in between gears and makes a waga waga noise until it hooks up again.... does that make sense? is that how this stick shifter works or did i mess up somewhere? any clues guys?
Yea, if it's a friction shifter it's up to you find the right chain alignment when changing gears. the best way to shift with friction shifters is to look at the cluster, but that doesn't look very easy in your case!

Oh, and great lookin' trike BTW.

Re: my trike is done!..... yes! even the bed...

Evil Monkey said:
OOHHH my F**k¨ng god! This thing is stunning. I looked at page one and was :shock: but this last pics with the bed painted... dang that is just over the top, great build.

Just one thing... Lose the sadle, and put a nice white one one it, with some springs underneath
thank you!
yeah, i kindda figure a white saddle would look more "inline" with the rest of the trike... unfortunately, these whities are hard to come by locally...

deorman said:
fantastic!
thanks!

JoKeR63 said:
Yea, if it's a friction shifter it's up to you find the right chain alignment when changing gears. the best way to shift with friction shifters is to look at the cluster, but that doesn't look very easy in your case!

Oh, and great lookin' trike BTW.
haha, so long as i didn't set up the shifter wrong... having to feel the sweet spots does take some gettin use to... oh and thanks :D

ChopaderoT-Flo said:
NICE!! Those rearends are expensive? I think I see a new life for the BlueDemon! Good job.
thanks man.
not sure about where you're from, but here in Singapore, i got the entire donor trike brand new for less than what these rear ends go for stateside... so i'm lucky i guess

ohchusan said:
hey, thanks guys! appreciate the kind words.

so...tomb, you figure i shood paint it?.... i WAS toying with the idea of a light blue base and perhaps dark blue scallops down the sides?... maybe i shood do some photoshop-ing first.... i'd hate to **** the bed up and have to build another one :shock:

Hey My Singapore Brother:

Add some Fenders or Skirts to the back wheels, I am just about to start a Trike bulid myself.

Later,
Joe L. Juarez
ROAD MONARCHS, So. Cal
Cel: 626/392-2210

the bike is awsome but u should know better they are never really done. nice trike

THAT turned out WONDERFUL!!! i like how you did the "tailgate"!

Depending on what model of shimano shifter you have you may be able to switch form friction to index shifting just by turning the little screw the shifter pivots on.... If it is just a friction shifter there is no option though....Also props on a classy trike!!

olschbp said:
really GREAT, very sweet, like it very much
thanks dude! glad you like! :D

ROADMONARCH said:
Hey My Singapore Brother:

Add some Fenders or Skirts to the back wheels, I am just about to start a Trike bulid myself.

Later,
Joe L. Juarez
ROAD MONARCHS, So. Cal
Cel: 626/392-2210
cool... got pics yet?

karfer67 said:
the bike is awsome but u should know better they are never really done. nice trike
this is true...this is true...hahahaha

tomb said:
THAT turned out WONDERFUL!!! i like how you did the "tailgate"!
thank you Tomb!

BOSKIPPER said:
Depending on what model of shimano shifter you have you may be able to switch form friction to index shifting just by turning the little screw the shifter pivots on.... If it is just a friction shifter there is no option though....Also props on a classy trike!!
did a quick check.... yep, i gots the friction one... but its all cool! just happy to know that i didn't screw up installing it. wasn't sure in the beginning! thanks for all the info guys!

no updates on upholstery yet...

but i managed to get the rear light installed though... will post pics once i get a chance to bring the trike downstairs and take a couple... i think you guys have had enough of photos of my trike in the same exact location! lift landings can only be that interesting eh? hahaha

Your welcome.. It's been awhile since I have been on the forum and hope to get something going again real soon. Still ride my rat and hope to get it out of primer one day. :)

Back