my trike is done!..... even made my bed...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: my trike is done!..... i think....

Dude! That thing is awsome! Off the chain! Fresh! Def! Sweet! Phat! The Shizzle!...

But seriously. Your trike rocks!

anyway, i have had some emails telling me that i have a message from someone here, but when i come here to check my PMs.i can't find the message anywhere???

anywho, to answer the Q on the tanks, they're made from clear acylic 10mm thick. and a reverse decal applied from behind...

hope this helps...... oh, they're held together by 3 stand-offs.

ohchusan said:
stepper..... i almost lost you back there will all that slang... hahah thanks buddy!

Yeah, sorry about that. I like to keep up with the latest lingo from the '90's lol.

ohchusan said:
yes, i am a short 1.7m.... and fat ****, that's why the seats so darn huge...

everything on this bike looks perfect. But I have always wondered if a Harley FLH seat would look good on a trike.
52506-65b%20white%20b-seat%20w-handrail%20flh%2065-80%201.JPG

MAN! thats a sweet seat...

talking bout seats... actually i had some ideas on placing a truck bed back there to haul my young ens around in, but the stuff i used turn brittle on me even before i finished the trike. so now my idea is to mount two similar single seats in tandem, but one nice seat is hard to find here in Singapore... let alone two matching ones :roll:

:wink: I've not been to visit the gallery in some time and one look at your trike made me think what I could be missing.
Your frame looks a lot like a dyno but the bottom bracket seems closer to the seat tube in any case I love the lines and very clean.
My last build I used a dyno and as I built it I could'nt help but think that the lines would lend itself to being a low streched trike and maybe better a trike then a two wheeler. I'm sure your turning heads and thank you for the insperation see what you have done now I want one. Is this your first build? or have you posted before. :idea:

big AL said:
:wink: I've not been to visit the gallery in some time and one look at your trike made me think what I could be missing.
Your frame looks a lot like a dyno but the bottom bracket seems closer to the seat tube in any case I love the lines and very clean.
My last build I used a dyno and as I built it I could'nt help but think that the lines would lend itself to being a low streched trike and maybe better a trike then a two wheeler. I'm sure your turning heads and thank you for the insperation see what you have done now I want one. Is this your first build? or have you posted before. :idea:

the entire bike came from bicycledesigner.com (as they were the only ones who'd wanna ship this thing to Singapore) btw, the shipping cost as much as the bike itself :shock: .

the trike half i purchased locally, a gomier industrial trike. yes ....this would be my first build. i have another bicycle, a raleigh retrolide, but that one is stock....for now...

well, I've been riding around my neighborhood and cars slow down to wonder what the heck is that... dunno if its a good thing or perhaps they're wondering to themselves, "look at that grownup...he can't balance on two wheels???"

i also get a lot of oohs and aahs from kids at the traffic junctions :mrgreen:

Re: my trike is done!..... updating in progress!

well, after seeing Big Al's example of what a perfect trike should look like, i knew i had to go back and revisit my trike bed attempt.
so i recycled whatever i could from the first try (which used to be an ikea rack) and started redesigning and rebuilding it again.

i prolly had issues with the first version as i felt the bed sat too high over the rear axle, which IMO made it look kinda empty below...if that makes sense??

this was what the first try looked like....abandoned the idea as i really didn't like it! and the wood? well, let's just say that its less than ideal, brittle at some areas???
3367550365_88cdb7fa3c_o.jpg

i'm actually almost done with my second version but i won;t be able to take any pictures just yet as i haven't had a chance to "borrow" the camera from my office yet! haha...
stay tuned guys and gals.... pics will follow soon. i promise :oops:

Re: my trike is done!..... i think....NOT!

sweet trike! yours and the dually are so inspiring, really makes me want to build a trike now.......

if there's every a trike build-off, i'd have to sell some of my goodies to "buy in" :shock:

thanks guys. glad you like! :D
as you can see, i mounted the bed much lower...kind like this truck you see below....this is the "look" i was going for... you know,..with the bed being so low that the tops of the rear wheels show above the bed....
IMG_0576%20copy.jpg

anywez..... i know i still got a ways to go though....and sumthin still missing??!!! its driving me nuts!
someone out there clue me in please :cry:
also wondering if i shood paint it up or just leave it "unfinished"?
well, here are some pics of the trike as she stand now, forgive the less than perfect lighting.
3370590534_1bf4ec4a44.jpg

3370590860_1cff83854c.jpg

3369767657_55327c5341.jpg

3369765725_05a98b0432.jpg

I missed this the first time around...
VERY NICE (and i am also not usually a "trike" fan)
as to the bed, as "pretty" as the rest of the bike is, i definitely think the box deserves to be finish painted in a similar vein.

hey, thanks guys! appreciate the kind words.

so...tomb, you figure i shood paint it?.... i WAS toying with the idea of a light blue base and perhaps dark blue scallops down the sides?... maybe i shood do some photoshop-ing first.... i'd hate to botch the bed up and have to build another one :shock:

I somehow missed it the 1st time too, good job. Thumbs up!

Yep, i definitely think you should paint it, your plan sounds good!
When you do paint it, paint those brackets the same color as the accent, they kinda stick out to me...

Latest posts

Back