My new bike hauler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be worse, it could eat gas like my 4.3 ltr Blazer. Lol.

Looks good. I hear you about the no lowering. I don't mind it on my Corvan cause I don't drive it all the time. But no way on a daily driver. Funny I say that and I fight the urge to do spindles and blocks on my blazer, reasoning that it'll still ride the same. Hahahaha

Joe--don't forget the extra 1200 LBS too. You don't want to bring it up, I know. It's kinda the Friday night date u don't want anyone to know about. Sure she's big and not much to look at, but she gets the job done and that's all that matters!

Luke-- Fords are a pain and expensive to lower properly. 2" down would be nice but there's no "need" to do it.....yet..;)

Yeah but I can haul bikes in a nice dry cargo area and still have room for passengers... I know you didn't want to bring it up... lol. Yeah it's slow and heavy but it's not like I'm going to drag race a van and with the overdrive it should get halfway decent mileage on the open road.

Yeah but I can haul bikes in a nice dry cargo area and still have room for passengers... I know you didn't want to bring it up... lol. Yeah it's slow and heavy but it's not like I'm going to drag race a van and with the overdrive it should get halfway decent mileage on the open road.

Very true. But regardless of how cold my cargo might get, I still don't have the "creepy old van" stigma.

Yeah, but the 4.3 is a pretty good little motor. It'll pull a small utility trailer loaded with bikes a lot easier than my 4cyl. I may have to find a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe donor car laying around.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be cool. They did that on the stangs as well if I remember correctly. to work the scoop in also would be super cool.

And yes the 4.3 is a great motor, basically a 350 minus 2 cylinders, basically. And the plan is to tow my '67 Apache pop up with it and fit the fam in it as well. :cool2:

Just did a oil change and tuneup on it runs great. Forgot to swap out the fuel filter, but I have a seat recline lever coming and some vent visors (love those things, not for looks but for functionality). So Ill do the filter then. Also put a Pioneer head unit in with a usb so I can listen to my cell instead of just the radio, love it. Was gonna go blue tooth but I have to charge anyway so I figured I'd go usb, love it.

Yeah but that's not a concern of mine, after all I used to drive a '58 Cadillac Hearse when I was in high school. Knowing my sence of humor I'd probably get a window banner that says "Who's your creepy Uncle?"

My Corvan used to say "Sancho" on the back. Till I traded it off and my friend removed it. My wife didn't like it but it was funny. Now that I have it back I wish it was on still. lol

You got a heck of a deal on those wheels and tires! New would of been close to what you paid for the Ranger.

Back