(MBBO-IV, C-1) UNAUTHORIZED CINNAMON - (Pending Sale)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the bike bench I built! I didn't have to bend over at all to take it apart! It stripped down pretty quick and nothing broke. The bearings all look good still old gummy grease on them. Next comes a lot of cleaning. I got my sissy bar, handle bars and seat in during the past few days. I noticed the pedals were 9/16" and I have a pair ordered.
DSCN1375.jpg

Just as I thought before I started cleaning up the wheels they are just too badly rusted to clean up for my liking on this bike. I have a heavy duty 20" coaster brake wheel that I will be using on the rear and a better chrome 20" on the front.
The fenders were rusted worse than the wheels and I will use them after cleaning them up. I'll sand them with some 320 and put a coat of black primer and them paint them gloss black.
I'm wrapping the wheels in Tioga 20X2.10 power Block tires. The handle bars I'm using are 9" rise and the black polo-solo seat will get a 36" sissy bar.

20150914_114420.jpeg

20150914_131936.jpeg

20150914_152453.jpg

Nice looking pile of parts! Those tires are slick! What color will the frame be...or are you keeping that under your hat?

Those Fenders look like they cleaned up pretty nice. Might be worth a polish?

Nice looking pile of parts! Those tires are slick! What color will the frame be...or are you keeping that under your hat?

This...:D

Well I have some parts ordered, and a color picked out. I'm gonna go with a dark metallic red. The name of the bike is now know as "UNAUTHORIZED CINNIMON".

They cleaned up ok but not great. The rust has pitted the chrome and polish won't take that out. Last year I had the same issue with the fender on my Stingray. I roughed up the chrome after getting as much of the rust off that I could and primed it and put on two coats of gloss black. (see picture below)
Yes the color will be a dark metallic red.
DSCN0408.jpg

Oh yeah, duh. Read the name OddJob....:giggle: Looking forward to it. Will it have any frosting on it? Or will it just...roll....:rolleyes:

Cool parts and cool bike clamp too.

They cleaned up ok but not great. The rust has pitted the chrome and polish won't take that out. Last year I had the same issue with the fender on my Stingray. I roughed up the chrome after getting as much of the rust off that I could and primed it and put on two coats of gloss black. (see picture below)
Yes the color will be a dark metallic red.
DSCN0408.jpg

That's a nice clean look with the black. Should be cool with the cinnamon color. Looks like you're almost to the fun part with the frame.

Not to much in the way of progress over the weekend. I had to work last night and got home at 3am. I did go to Pep-Boys today and picked up some spray paint for the bike. Nice red with some metal specks in it. I also got the grease out of the bearings and cups.
20150920_191506.jpg

Not to much in the way of progress over the weekend. I had to work last night and got home at 3am. I did go to Pep-Boys today and picked up some spray paint for the bike. Nice red with some metal specks in it. I also got the grease out of the bearings and cups.
20150920_191506.jpg
Yes, Duplicolor is the best rattlecan out there...

Carl.

Back