(MBBO class1) The BrewRunner!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, so this is my first muscle bike build, and I'm really excited! I picked up an old Huffy on the cheap a few weeks ago. A bit ratty, with some sweet ape hangers.

unnamed5_zpsc3e15d63.jpg

unnamed3_zps5c0bf92c.jpg

unnamed1_zps04ff495b.jpg

unnamed4_zps482bbd01.jpg

unnamed7_zps4e328731.jpg

Put some air in the tires and I've been you using it for beer runs. Only problem is that its slow...

unnamed8_zpsb6279e7b.jpg

So I found a donor bike with an internal 3 speed and a banana seat/sissy bar

unnamed11_zpse45a0f16.jpg

unnamed9_zps6f87dc19.jpg

This is the color scheme I'm thinking...

unnamed12_zps6f87dc19.jpg

And I'm working on a little sketch at home to start working out proportions.

unnamed_zpsd03640ad.jpg

Cool looking bike thinking of making a muscle bike with my huffy Eldorado did yours have that little jet like ornament on the front fender when you got it or do you have one

Nope no jet ornament or headlight... Bummer bummer. It seems like it's impossible to find these items without buying a whole bike.

thats pretty neat how you some of you guys can do the P/C graphics and get an idea of the direction you want to go . Looking good !
Not sure what program BlueMustang is using, looks good! Adobe?
I have fun with Paint.net and BikeCad though, helps keep my ideas fresh in mind when I have them all saved on the computer!

Luke.

I picked up a 24" disc wheel a few days ago, but its a bit too wide for the fork. Anybody got any ideas on how I can rig it up?

Thanks Luke! I don't know why but I never think to check that area in the forums. I got to fit without rubbing last night, but I need to spend a bit more time making sure they are symmetrical. I'll post some pics to update where I'm at tonight.

Sorry it's been a while. I've been waiting on parts to come in and haven't had much of a chance to get out to the garage.
But I got a disc brake!!!

IMG_2747_zpsb469a5ba.jpg

IMG_2745_zpsc411df3b.jpg

Found this on ebay a bit ago. Its a 24", and then I'll do a 26" in back. It took a little persuasion to get the disc and axle to fit the fork, but I think I got it in there.

Also I'm curious what you guys think. The 24 came with a knobby mountain bike tire. Should I get a 24" road tire for it to match the rear? or put a knobby tire on back?

Back