(MBBO Class 1)wildcat Scotty, last build stuff and pics of a ride, DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Luke! thanks! checked out your post on your triplle tree and go some ideas thanks!!

Troy

the machine shop is closed due to inclement weather(high wind and rain) the main shop being very old is currently being retro fitted with a fire resistant floor ( 97 year old clear Douglass fir is very flammable) and spark shields ( for the welder) are being installed now!!

so some more progress and its been slow!! hope to have more by the end of today

so here is some pics of cutting the leaf spring

this is what I used to cut the spring it is a slow process and I never got it hot enough that I could not touch it. Also the 2 half's flex inward and pinch on the blade causing a kick-back!! always have protective gear when grinding or cutting(My public service announcement for today )

so some more assembly pics.

will build the spacers and cut the bushings this PM. when I get the 2 half's done I will be able to build the triple tree

Troy

Gonna have to watch this looks very interesting but I'm not understanding the spring action I'll have to see it together to understand I guess very cool looking though I like seeing leaf springs put to use on a bike.:39::thumbsup:

last 3 pics!!
so 5 nylon washers ground to fit the hole

and the action video!!!!!!

let me know if it does not work!! so tomorrow

tomorrow will figure out how to mount the spring correctly. all the parts for the other fork blade have been made and just need to bolt it together!!

Troy

Gonna have to watch this looks very interesting but I'm not understanding the spring action I'll have to see it together to understand I guess very cool looking though I like seeing leaf springs put to use on a bike.:39::thumbsup:
thanks man here is a pic of another leaf spring fork that I built

the bike is etta and i am working on it under builds in the motorized section

Troy

I SEE I SEE :thumbsup: Very nice never thought of using a leaf spring like that I think the idea is above and beyond its crazy how a person can learn so much from watching these builds can't wait to see it complete.

I SEE I SEE :thumbsup: Very nice never thought of using a leaf spring like that I think the idea is above and beyond its crazy how a person can learn so much from watching these builds can't wait to see it complete.
Luke turned me onto the Idea!! and thanks!! hope to have the hole assembly done here pretty soon then do a riding mock up.

Troy

Luke turned me onto the Idea!! and thanks!! hope to have the hole assembly done here pretty soon then do a riding mock up.

Troy
Always willing to share ideas!
Good to see Jats doing it justice!

Luke.

O,K, got both fork legs done and a sort of mock up.!

mount for the leaf spring

tension spacer

all put together

duck tape mock up

So this is kinda the stance, little concerned about the angle of the frame and stability though, what do you guys think? will start the triple tree parts tomorrow.

Troy

Last edited:
Interesting design on the springer. To my eyes, it looks like it would be rigid and not spring.

Your eyes deceive you kingfish, I thought the same thing... but watch the video...

Carl. :android:

with luck I will have the triple tree plates on to today! then I will test it I hop that it will not be 2 stiff!!

Latest posts

Back