(MBBO Class 1)wildcat Scotty, last build stuff and pics of a ride, DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so after looking at the stingray(?)fork tubes i have decided to change my fork. am going to still use an idea that was given to me by Luke but not on the round stock so the design will use a part of this

and some rectangular stock!!

Troy

Yes! Been waiting to see this fork built! :dance2:
I am planning to use the idea at some point on a future build, so it will be cool to see how you approach it!

Luke.
with excitement!! I think I almost sorta understand leaf spring stuff! will hit the steel yard soon! need to fix my wire feed also it no longer adjusts the wire feed rate but it does feed wire really fast. thinking messed up feed rate knob

Troy

ended up replacing the welder oh well, will be taking my daughter over to U of O tomorrow and will start the forks in a couple of days here is a pic. of her bike that she is taking with her. the cool tennis clamp came from Kingfish!!

sooooo, its time to get building!!

Troy

That racket clamp is perfect on Daughter Jats Raleigh! Wish her well at Oregon! I'm just glad you didn't paint the bike to match one of their uniforms! :p:banana::D

got the stuff and will start on the fork when I get off of shift in 2 days!!

Used heavy wall garage door shaft

spring

scrap metal

so will have a sketch of the fork design hopefully by the end of today. any ideas on a triple tree jig?

Troy

oh and also got a new set of jaw covers for my stand!! apparently they melt if your welding next to them.

wow cleaned out some room on photo bucket will repost the pics i lost!!

so cut the tube long and got the fork pivot points welded on today with luck I will get the rockers and the pull bars done tomorrow

a rough template for the rockers

the fork neck donor (keep the stock forks intact!)

Troy

If you delete pics from photo bucket does it delete the pics that you already have posted?

Hey, how many photos do you have, that you have to clear some room? I have a ship load of photos and it says I've only used 7% of my space...

Carl.

so got some more done today

Gratuitous spark shot

these are the rockers, tacked the 2 half's together until I get the final shape and holes drilled should be tomorrow

rockers laying on the fork blade on thew rong side but gives you an idea, the front end will be a rear pivot and should have 3-4 inches of trail might need to extend the rear drop outs to lengthen the wheel base for stability though

so will be home tomorrow and will try to get the leaf spring cut and the mounts for them ruffed out. also got the stem out of the donor forks but forgot a pic.

Latest posts

Back