(MBBO#05 Class 2) J.C. Draggins..... Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shakesbeer, I really enjoyed this walk around and ride vid. I can see where 180's aren't the 'turn de jour' on this long drag fork kind of bike!

And, it helped personalize it with you voice over on the walk around. You Ohioans have the coolest accent! Spent some time on the phone with @Chad T when I found those fastback parts at the swap. Similar vocal intonation and reflection. Kind of a Midwest Southern drawl...

I know. I'm weird. But I'm very auditory and it was just cool. 'Nuff said. :grin:

Hehehe, those old style choppers with their snake turning is always fun to watch. (Turn right, frame pushes left... tuurn left, frame pushes right...)

It took me a few times with TorRed last year , but a bit more time with valiant the year before... to get the hang of the lean turn, or prepare for the sharp turns that can throw you out of the seat.

My neighbor thought it looked so fun, it almost threw him when he tried. ...
[emoji48] [emoji48] i shouldda warned him...

Great vids..

And, it helped personalize it with you voice over on the walk around. You Ohioans have the coolest accent! Spent some time on the phone with @Chad T when I found those fastback parts at the swap. Similar vocal intonation and reflection. Kind of a Midwest Southern drawl...

I know. I'm weird. But I'm very auditory and it was just cool. 'Nuff said. :grin:

There are different types of accents in OH too. I can always tell somebody from Cleveland.

Regarding the accent, yes there are several here. As Chad said you can tell someone from Cleveland, you can also tell Cincinnati.
That said OJ, I was a little surprised when I heard your voice and you didn't sound like a Minnesotan.... Dontcha know?

As far as rideability goes, just remember. I tried to ride this before I put the stabilizer spring on, so it helped to have that test.

And yes, it's great in a straight line. Turns suck.

Accents differ in our state of Minnesota as well. We have the Up Nort accent of those from Duluth along Lake Superior all the way up to Canada (the Arrowhead region). Then we have The Range accent, Iron Range area of MN. And of course, the infamous Fargo (which is technically in North Dakota) accent of our far northwestern region.

I'm from the southeast, so far south we could see two local water towers that were small burgs in Iowa from our upstairs farmhouse bedroom. So, a little bit of the Iowan (north part) accent. By the time you get to southern Iowa, you may as well be in Georgia or Mississippi.... :21:

A little geographical orientation for y'all...and then Falstaff can have his thread back!:nod:
mn.jpg

Great video and that spring location looks great!
:thumbsup:
Thanks for the insight on riding with those way out there forks, I have the Outlaw build to finish soon, pretty sure it will be interesting to ride too!

Luke.

Looks about as stable as a combined Trump/Hillary ticket...:grin:

Jason
Oh, it's definitely more stable than that.

I've had the movie "idiocracy" on loop for like the last month or more at the studio... It went from funny comedy to some disturbing alt reality domumentery lately...
Funny you mention that.
The creator of that movie actually said a few months ago that he didn't ever think the movie would become a documentary.

My father in law is still looking into buying a family property in Australia, I guess we'll see what comes of the idea.

Australia is exactly a model for stability lately, either...:(
I personally never had much desire to leave the states, here I'm familiar with a lot of the edible plants and wildlife. Plus living a hobo lifestyle for so many years, I learned to survive with little.
I'm good with simply going off grid/underground.

Realistically, my in-laws are 80 years old. I don't expect anything to come to fruition, but I'm prepared either way.

Latest posts

Back