(MBBO#05 Class 2) ★★★ ¡ʇdᴉɹɔs ǝɥʇ dᴉlℲ ★★★ (SOLD to finance exciting new venture!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking great! I hear bare metal is always an option ;)
I honestly thought it would end up that way, but a couple of good days have got me to a point that I want to try get that pearl flake on it!

I don't do well with finishing up builds after the deadline, I have a few waiting for finishing touches, but it never seems to happen...

Thankfully the 'Unfinished Build-Off' is on from January 1st next year, so I plan to get two of those old builds completed!

:banana:

Luke.

I honestly thought it would end up that way, but a couple of good days have got me to a point that I want to try get that pearl flake on it!

I don't do well with finishing up builds after the deadline, I have a few waiting for finishing touches, but it never seems to happen...

Thankfully the 'Unfinished Build-Off' is on from January 1st next year, so I plan to get two of those old builds completed!

:banana:

Luke.
Always enjoy reading up on your builds...
Then you bring the threat of 2 unfinished builds to the build off..
Today your not my favorite guy (jk)
Looks awsome Luke home stretch time.

Your list is getting shorter. Good progress. Cant wait to see the cool headlight.

I agree with the worry to have paint near the end. I just use rattle cans this year, but the time spent having to repaint is risky, closer to the date. I saw my bike tip into inviolet and fall on it while i was working today. Must be pretty cured paint, lucky it didnt chip this time. Was surprised, Murphy sometimes prevails when deadlines are close...

I am watching for the next awesome sauce you are putting into the build.

Always enjoy reading up on your builds...
Then you bring the threat of 2 unfinished builds to the build off..
Today your not my favorite guy (jk)
Looks awsome Luke home stretch time.
:21:
Yep, bringing Back40 to the UFBO:

26097217941_6ae5e68ef4_z.jpg

And finally finishing 'Outlaw'
Which I don't have any full pics of because I did a video series on it.
Here is the mock up sketch:

Indian Chopper reverse leaf fork.jpg

And a playlist of the videos so far:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAJhqbG6roPd8iUhpC473UznU4UbEyrFx

Your list is getting shorter. Good progress. Cant wait to see the cool headlight.

I agree with the worry to have paint near the end. I just use rattle cans this year, but the time spent having to repaint is risky, closer to the date. I saw my bike tip into inviolet and fall on it while i was working today. Must be pretty cured paint, lucky it didnt chip this time. Was surprised, Murphy sometimes prevails when deadlines are close...

I am watching for the next awesome sauce you are putting into the build.
Glad your paint survived! Love the paint on your build!
Loving the progress Luke, Now I guess I will have to get off my butt and finish off my build.
You are pretty much done aren't you? :39:
It's looking good brother.

Carl.
Thanks Carl!

Luke.

Not much progress, but did cut the patterns for the plywood panels:

2016-11-10 20.34.16.jpg
2016-11-10 20.34.36.jpg

Turned out I can use the side template for both sides! I was surprised as it was all shaped by hand, with no jig.

Luke.

Nice symmetry on the panels Luke! And, I am so looking forward to BACK 40 hitting the 'Finished' line in the UFBO this winter! I plan to modify Mesa Buggie into a 6 spd geared with a rear disc brake. Should be fun!

Nice symmetry on the panels Luke! And, I am so looking forward to BACK 40 hitting the 'Finished' line in the UFBO this winter! I plan to modify Mesa Buggie into a 6 spd geared with a rear disc brake. Should be fun!
Looking forward to seeing it!
I am so looking forward to ripping along on Back40, loving the geometry on it!
That's awesome that the sides are the same, good work!

BTW, Cereal boxes make great pattern material. I always keep some in the shop.
So do Beer boxes : )
Great tip! Will keep a couple from now on!
Luke thats awesome with the double chain drive !
Thanks @c1run1, been wanting to do it again since the 50 years build, but was waiting for the right build, this is it!

Luke.

It was saw and plywood day today!

Cut and shaped:

2016-11-12 19.57.17.jpg

Then drilled the mounting holes and knocked in some 'T' nuts then bolted them up from the inside:

2016-11-12 19.57.41.jpg
2016-11-12 19.58.02.jpg

Screwed the seat base to the steel support:

2016-11-12 19.58.20.jpg

Fitted:

2016-11-12 19.58.43.jpg

The little arrows you can see are from the sanding and test fitting process, I was marking anywhere that needed a bit more sanded off to allow room for the vinyl.

Pretty happy with the way it looks! Really looking forward to seeing them padded and wrapped!

Luke.

So when I get this right, you fix the side panels first from the inside and then you put in the seat...:thumbsup:
Clever thinking, as always! :praise:
Can't wait to see this trike finished!

So when I get this right, you fix the side panels first from the inside and then you put in the seat...:thumbsup:
Clever thinking, as always! :praise:
Can't wait to see this trike finished!
:thumbsup: You got it!
Glad you like, it, really looking forward to seeing it done myself!

The seat support slips under the back of the frame between the tail lights and the front is held down by that 8mm hex head bolt up through the tube under the frame.
Was the only way I could think to make it all work but with no exposed fasteners... ;)

Luke.

:thumbsup: You got it!
Glad you like, it, really looking forward to seeing it done myself!

The seat support slips under the back of the frame between the tail lights and the front is held down by that 8mm hex head bolt up through the tube under the frame.
Was the only way I could think to make it all work but with no exposed fasteners... ;)

Luke.
Very nice of you to "expose" us to your fab techniques "Master" Luke. You are strong in the muscle bike building force!

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

Very nice of you to "expose" us to your fab techniques "Master" Luke. You are strong in the muscle bike building force!

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk
:thumbsup:
In hardware bins at hardware store they will usually have small furniture section, look for audio grill mounts... They are blind and adjustable for situation where can't access behind.
I've done floating overhead consoles with them as only attachment points
I think I know the style you are talking about, do they hold strong enough?
Might be something to keep in mind for future builds, although, I love 'T' nuts...

Weather has gone cold and wet here again, hopefully it clears up so I can get some paint on the trike!

Luke.

:thumbsup:

I think I know the style you are talking about, do they hold strong enough?
Might be something to keep in mind for future builds, although, I love 'T' nuts...

Weather has gone cold and wet here again, hopefully it clears up so I can get some paint on the trike!

Luke.
Yes I've used alot, most auto and limo interior, especially audio builds are wood based.. and weigh a fair deal.. have you ever tried pull a speaker grill of an older good grade speaker, always was sure I'd break the frame before they would budge.

They are depth adjustable witch is really handy as well.

I used them to do decorative floating overhead panels in limos supporting acrylic mirrors..
You build things in limos to be abused...:thumbsup:

Edit** in your case you have access still, it's great for no access solutions.. also how I'd perfer to try do one of @The Renaissance Man tanks some day..
Blind snap together tank sounds yummy.

Back