(MBBO#04 Class 1) Huffy "LongShot"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we worked feverishly on finishing the mock-up. Multiple trips back-and-forth to the bicycle store for odds and ends and to my buddy's to rummage through his miscellaneous parts supply. Cables, hardware, etc. But, we ended up with a finished product only to tear it all back down to get the frame to the powder coater. Time will now be spent wire brushing nuts, bolts, washers, etc and polishing the shiny stuff. Can't wait.

Beautiful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Love this bike, I've been anxiously watching because I've been gathering parts to build one myself but I'm only about half way there. Are you going with green to go with your seat and grips?

I thought that fork was impressive, but , dang, that sissy bar / wheelie bar combo...:13:

Piddlin' with parts. Dime size dent in chain guard. Been working it out slowly. Bracket on the backside makes access a bit of a challenge. Cleaning up tires, cleaning rust off of sissy bar, etc. Found these cable "clamps" at the hardware store. These should work out nicely. Needed tasks. Something to do......

Pretty stoked on the result from the powdercoater. Was a little unsure how the transition was going to come out from one color to the other but, I think it turned out pretty good. Little Dude was very pleased. He picked out the color scheme. It's from a "Slingshot" that I used to own that he really, really liked. heck, me too, for that matter. Wish I'd have never sold it. Here's a pic of that bike, too. I really, really wish I had the fruit-striped-gum seat for his bike like mine had but, we're making do with the seat we had from the stash.

That came out great! Nice choice of color by your son too!

I bet you can't wait to get this one together. I can't wait I'll tell you that :D:):D (fade like the bike, get it?)

Love that fade job, I haven't seen a fade in powder coat before, it came out nice :thumbsup:

Powder looks good.
You gonna put a gigantor sissy bar on this one?

Latest posts

Back