(MBBO#04 Class 1) Huffy "LongShot"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great start! Welcome to the MBBO and welcome to RRB! We've got a Muscle Bike forum amongst the others, and with a stash like that and by your profile pic I would guess you've got quite the collection!

Your parts look great! I love the Rail. They've done well in years past as well. Here's one from MBBO2 called "Big Budget".

WIN5F201312315F125329_2_zps0836f35b.jpg

And I did one last year called "The Judge" ( you can click the link in my sig to see the whole build.)

NYg0yH.jpg

Can't wait to see yours come together! 6 years old? At 10 years old my son had to stretch out to reach the handlebars. The Rail is a looooooong frame!

@Falstaff my Shakespearean friend, thou hast saith thee well. This site, and our like-ness in rat rod bikes is the hub, and we are the spokes emanating from this common point and reconnecting on the world's rim; each at our own point on the map, and all sharing the ideas that roll and travel the circumferential path on this world-wide-wheel....

@Falstaff my Shakespearean friend, thou hast saith thee well. This site, and our like-ness in rat rod bikes is the hub, and we are the spokes emanating from this common point and reconnecting on the world's rim; each at our own point on the map, and all sharing the ideas that roll and travel the circumferential path on this world-wide-wheel....
Very philosophical of you OJ, you should write that stuff down...... Oh wait,you did.

Here we go with the fancy language, he, he! Cool build project looks like it should be a real head turner when done, look forward to the future updates!

Very nice bike! As awesome looking as these bikes were, I can't understand why Schwinn Stingray Krates get all the hype. :crazy:

Nothing really new to report. Just some piddling, mostly. Had to get some pieces from a buddy in order to get the brake caliper mounted properly. The chain guard in the 'stash' was for a 24" bike so, a trip to the hardware store to find something to "bridge" the gap between the original bracket and the mount on the guard. And, had ordered from ebay awhile back this diminutive pool ball to transform the shifter, from the stash, into the theme of the bike. Little Dude and I had came up with this idea over the summer while shooting pool. It started with an idea to build him a bike and call it the "Hustler". But, decided that "LongShot" was a better choice for obvious reasons. So.......

Neon green, purple, and orange make a great color combo! Nice work on the tire, he does look pleased...and 15 yrs from now he will say, "Hey Dad, remember when...." and this time you will be smiling...

Great looking build.
I always love father son builds!

Pretty close to the finished mock-up. Still have to break the chain, make some cables, etc. Then tear it all back down for powdercoat.

I had originally struggled with the seat post as I didn't have one. Everyone told me that it was a 7/8" post. WRONG! Bought a brand new one and you'd have to beat it into the frame with a hammer. Way too tight. I had a 13/16" post out of an old JC Higgins. Seemed right, till you put weight on the seat. !3/16"? Now, it's too small. ...? So, off to the bike store only to discover that a "shim" was needed to allow the 13/16" post to work. Either that or find an original post. This will do.

Those shims will hold up nicely. So, can't remember, you are painting the frame...color? The vintage purple looks awesome on there now!

Latest posts

Back