(MBBO#04 Class 1) Huffy "LongShot"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reassembly begins. Should have it completed before long. Just nuts and bolts at this point. Honestly, I don't think this is going to be able to be ridden. When in mock-up, just trying to wheel it around the driveway and garage? It's like it has a "hinge" in the middle. My guess is any attempt at actually riding it will result in a visit to the E.R. and/or Dentist. LOL We'll soon see......

If we lived in the same area, I'd take the risk of the first test ride. That thing looks fun.

Awesome job love that bike color , fork shifter , way cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I don't think this is going to be able to be ridden. When in mock-up, just trying to wheel it around the driveway and garage? It's like it has a "hinge" in the middle. My guess is any attempt at actually riding it will result in a visit to the E.R. and/or Dentist.
I have always wondered about that with those super long forks...
Always surprised to see just how crazy bikes can be and still be rideable though!

Luke.

Yea them bikes need what we call "elbow room" to turn, that "hinged middle" is exactly how every long forked bike that sits low handles... but man they look so cool.... you're in the running for top three I think.

Carl.

Well, here it is in all it's splendid glory. Lil' Dude loves shooting pool with his Daddy and this is really what began this whole theme. I had a small collection of banana seat bikes that I'd had long before he was born. 3 and 4 years old and he could only ride a bike with training wheels. I told him when he got big enough to actually ride a bike we'd build him one. Well, all of my bikes ended up being sold and I had a left over hodge-podge of parts I'd collected over the years. When we dug out the "Rail" frame and the "Top Fueler" fork it was obvious that our original idea of calling it the "Hustler" would need to change to the "Huffy Longshot". The wheelie bar sealed the deal, for sure.

Loaded it in the bed of the truck (8' bed and it barely fits, by the way) and tried to find someplace with a decent backdrop to take some pics. Am not completely happy with this but, it'll do for now.

It is very photogenic, though. I love the color combo personally.

The bike looks fantastic! Great build!

The picture of your son with his foot on the fork is priceless!

Awesome work ! The colors, theme, wheelie bar, it all works! ....see you in the Finished Thread...? :)

The bike and story are totally cool. I dig everything about it. What a Great Job you and your son did. Are they OG Top Fueler forks?
No, they're a set of yours, I believe. Got 'em from Mr. Wilson. I believe he got 'em from you. Dunno, but that's what I think.

Latest posts

Back