loads of bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DUDE! I LOVE THE CRUTCH IDEA, Hope u dont mind but im taking it :) well borrowing it! nice work man great 2 see new stuff.

Awesome bikes!!

How did you go about bending those forks?

I used a conduit bender, and exaggerated the natural bends in the fork.

DUDE! I LOVE THE CRUTCH IDEA, Hope u dont mind but im taking it Smile well borrowing it! nice work man great 2 see new stuff.

Use any of the ideas you see from my bikes all you want, I gleam ideas off of all sorts of stuff including other peoples bikes all the time. Anyway chances are that I'm probably not the first person to use a crutch as a sissy bar, but as far as I know, I am.

Here is one of my main riders. It's a Western Flyer Buzz bike, that I painted green and added Rat Fink decals from Japan. I am really into quirky muscle bikes. I built it a few years back right before Electra made their Rat Fink bike. I like my version better, plus I don't think I could afford the Electra. Need to get some better detail shots but it is in storage with most of my bikes.

RotationofP8071137.jpg

ResizeofRotationofP8080349-1.jpg

ResizeofP8080351-1.jpg

P8071142.jpg

Here is a Schwinn Trike that I built. It is currently disassembled in my storage shed.

Starting with the before picture
P8061135.jpg

Re-laced the rear hubs from the skinny wheels to wider ones.
RotationofPA181224.jpg

PA181223.jpg

And now finished, I re-upholstered the original seat with copper sparkle vinyl and added a click shifter for the 3 speed.
PA261263.jpg

Here is a better shot to see the seat, it looks really cool in the sun.
PA201225.jpg

I'll add one more for now.

This is a girl's muscle bike that I made for something different to do. I like to dabble in graphic design so I drew some 60's inspired graphics on the computer, for the chain guard. Then created them using shrink plastic. It's pretty easy to do and will post up a "how to" next time I make some.

P8201161-1.jpg

P8201162-1.jpg

Yeah more how to's DO NOT KEEP POSTING I LOVE THE BIKES!!!!1

Here is one I did for my girlfriend's sister. Turned out pretty cool, has silver sparkle grips and I re-upholstered the seat with silver sparkle vinyl.

P7080243.jpg

P7080241.jpg

P7080244.jpg

P7050239.jpg

P7050240.jpg

all right, stop already... my mind is spinning with ideas :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I'll probably not get any sleep tonight with ideas going OFF like rockets :!: :!: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
.....OH ya hurry up w/ the how-tos... :|

That happens to me like everynight ill be laying in bed thinking... I deas goiing off like rockets

Okay so this will be the last one for this post. I have a few more but they are much of the same sort of thing. There are a few I wish I would have remembered to take pictures of before the people I built them for came to get them, but oh-well........I will do another post of all my current projects next.

This is a bike that I dubbed "The Land Shark". I wish I would have taken some before pictures of it, because it was the nerdiest stock huffy cruiser ever. I did the graphics for it in Photoshop and made them using shrink plastic. Also drilled and tapped a pool ball for the shifter and cut the rear fin from blue plexi-glass and drilled and tapped it to mount on the fender. The rear fin was inspired by the Pee-Wee's Big Adventure bike. It made for a really unique and cool bar hopper, this turned out to be one of my favorites. Sorry about the indoors pictures, I really need to get it outside for some good shots.

P2111514.jpg

P2111521.jpg

P2111518.jpg

P2111520.jpg

P2111519.jpg

Oh man......LANDSHARK!!!!! Beware if someone knocks on your door, and says "candygram!"

very, very well executed

Back