loads of bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are all the bikes I have built, that I remembered to take pictures of. Photobucket is running slow for me, so I will just post a few and keep adding to it over the next couple of days.

First up are before and after pics of an old Dyno that I re-did for a friend from work a couple of months ago.
before
P5021653.jpg

P5021649.jpg

after
P5241669.jpg

P5241683.jpg

P5241675.jpg

P5241673.jpg

I also do upholstry, so I recovered this seat for the bike
P5241678.jpg

Next is an older build of one of my dirty commuters. Early 60's Racer with a 3 speed coaster and a cool old Bendix shifter. Upgraded with a big exercise bike chainring, it is inspired by a '30s track bike. This is by far the fastest bike I have. I need to cut the handle bars down a bit and add grips, but I seem to never get around to it. I also need to shoot better pictures of it.

P6051696.jpg

P6051694.jpg

P6051695.jpg

Next up is my girlfriend's bike. I'm not sure what kind of bike it is, I found the frame on the side of the road. It has a mix of parts from other bikes. This is one of my favorite paint jobs. It now has a different light and basket than shown in the pics.

P5080978-1.jpg

P5080979.jpg

RotationofP8071136.jpg

PA201229.jpg

P5080977.jpg

One more for tonight and I will get some more up tomorrow.
This is the Bicicleta De Los Muertos. I was commissioned to build this bike for a friend as a birthday present from his wife. It is a KHS cruiser frame with heavy duty wheels and a custom layed back seat post. He is pretty tall and the seat post enabled him to ride low and comfortable.

PC090646.jpg

RotationofPC050627.jpg

RotationofPC090649.jpg

PC090633.jpg

COOL bikes!! On the early 60's racer, what size tire are you using on the rear? I have a rim with a Sturmey Archer 3 spd. coasterbrake without a tire and cant figure out the size!! :oops: :oops: thanks for any help!

Thanks for all the comments, it's cool to get good feed back from other bike people.
COOL bikes!! On the early 60's racer, what size tire are you using on the rear? I have a rim with a Sturmey Archer 3 spd. coasterbrake without a tire and cant figure out the size!! Embarassed Embarassed thanks for any help!

The rim is a 26 x 1 3/8 and it's laced to a Shimano 3GC.

Fun bikes! Im diggin the one with the high sissy-bar. What size is that banana seat? 20"?

I don't remember what size that seat was, I will take a look next time I ride with the guy who owns it now.

Very nice bikes.
How are you painting them rattle can?

Yes I rattle canned all the ones i've painted, but once I get moved into my new place I am going to set up a gun for spraying auto clear because the rattle can paint doesn't have the strongest finish.

Now on to some more. Next is a lowrider made from one of those "Bratz" bikes that I fixed up for a friend's son. I did the base coat of the paint, then my friend Jake of Jake's Chop Shop here in Tempe layed the clear with flake. You guys will probably get a kick out of his website http://www.jakeschopshop.com/ check it out.

P7111743.jpg

P7111740.jpg

P7111738.jpg

P7111741.jpg
[/code]

Here is a recent one that I slapped together out of some spare parts for a guy who came to look at a muscle bike I was selling but decided the 20 incher was too small for him.

P4091615.jpg

P4091614.jpg

P4091613.jpg

This one is probably the third or fourth custom bike I ever built. It was the rustiest bike I had ever seen. So I went with a rugged military style paint job because flat paint is very forgiving of defects. Also the first bike I sold on C.L.
109-0941_IMG.jpg

109-0940_IMG.jpg

109-0939_IMG.jpg

One more for now. This is a cheapo chrome BMX, converted into a cool krate style bike that I sold on C.L. Super easy build because no paint was involved.

P3251568.jpg

P3251566.jpg

Lots of good looking bikes, I love the Day of the dead one, AWESOME.
And the girls military bike rocks, I just got some military green primer from a buddy of mine, just cant decide what bike to paint it on. Keep up the good work

some nice work you do buddy....we have one of the Bratz low riders but its
not low anymore remove the bent springer and replaced it with a 26" straight springer...the bent springer is dangerous at the higher speeds we
get up to around here in these hills.

One more for the night. 90's or so Schwinn frame with a road bike fork and 27" wheel. I bent the fork to the point that it barley has clearance. Layed back seat post and a sissy bar made from a crutch. I did a quicky paint job on it with plans of going back and painting it metal flake green and use a white seat and grips, but I never did and probably never will. The crutch actually works really good as a sissy bar and can be had for about a dollar at thrift stores, so no more over priced sissy bars. I've used them on a few bikes. I will have to post a "how to" on the forum next time I make one.
Sorry for that last pic being so fuzzy.

P7161763.jpg

P7161765.jpg

P7161764.jpg

P7161767.jpg

Latest posts

Back