Living Dead Girl

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been going back and forth since May 1'st trying to decide what bike to build. Until two days ago? I never saw a girls frame being used for buildoff 5, so that's why i decided to build this 1960's J.C. Higgin's. It's going to be a slow build as i messed up my shoulder last week and will be working with one arm in a sling for awhile. Hope you guys bear with me and I hope my first buildoff will be able to compete with some of the great builders on this site. So far i will be reusing the frame and wald basket if I can straighten it and not sure what else I will be reusing as i am searching websites for parts.
HPIM0657.jpg

HPIM0656.jpg

The white wheels look pretty good for that year, and the fenders look almost perfect.

I have had this bike for quite a few years there's not a dent on this bike. The fenders chainguard everything looks good just has some surface rust. I bought it at a fleamarket years ago, I wonder where it spent most of it's life to keep the wheels looking this good. I Kept it in my garage and it looks the same as the day i bought it.

Well I sold the bike it is off to stretch's house. I hope he makes it look as good as some of his other bikes I have seen. Looks like I will be posting another frame on here shortly :)

maybe you could do the 30s WH your trying to sell. :wink:

I thought about doing that bike or maybe my 30's schwinn since it is not all original. I'm going to look at past buildoff's this weekend and make my final decision on what bike to use.

craigslist mostly :) I found my 30's schwinn on ebay. I was outbid the first auction then the winner never paid for it. So the bike went back on the auction block and I won it the second time for about 130 less then my first time bidding on it. There is one guy in the next town over from me he owns a store and he has people bring him old bikes all the time to trade for gas or groceries. He has a 60's western flyer and a 70's schwinn girls stingray on cl right now that i am thinking about going and buying those from him.

Latest posts

Back