Let's see your old motorcycles!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW ... Memory Lane Here

I Like the Supercharged Yellow & Red Tank Triumph Drag Bike on the first page with a pepco blower on it ... WILD ... I have 3 of these little blowers .
I have somewere a Photo of my father on his old Indian Scout that he rode when he bounced out of the service after ww2. He had 2 job's at the time, He deliverd Dental Plates to Labs on the Indian & worked for a guy buy the name of H.S Crocker that made what they called at the time " Stroker plates " for Harleys. ... The origanal 80 inch Harleys ... this was back in 1945 or so.

ANYWAYYYY.... When I ever find my old scrap book I will Post them ... He looks like one of the WILD BUNCH lol.

Stephen / Wingman

Wildcat said:
... I found this 81 CM400 that only had 4000 miles on it. It just needed the carbs rebuilt even had the original tires.
349c8so.jpg

that was my first motorcycle, bought new in '82 as a leftover. same color and everything. good bike.

icyuod2 said:
that flag tracker is wicked! i love it! ya sure ya don't wanna sell it for a million trillion dollars? :)

this old motorcycle thread was just the kick in the pants i needed, i've spent the last couple days working on the 71 cd cafe racer.
chopped the fenders,removed useless bracketry/weight, and mounted my woodcraft clip on's
its starting to shape up nice.
IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

oh, and i managed to get the big bear home.
IMG_2790.jpg

Icy, you got one cool project going on! I'd love to get my hands on an old Honda sometime in the near future..
The Big Bear is pretty sweet. That's definatelty a legendary model. Anyone remember the old Revell model based on the Big Bear? It came with a pocket watch looking thing. I always assumed it was a stopwatch but never knew for sure. Anyone know?

i was lucky with this one chainsaw.

found it on kijiji for $300 in running condition, delivered to the door. :) other than a dent in the tank and a cranked headlight assembly it was in great shape. guy told me on the phone, that they make u-tube vid's and were jumping wynabago's, he broke his back and needed money.

i envisioned them jumping a wynabago with the cb 175. :(
boy was i wrong! even made it to t.v.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJJnluzPH0c
you should see what they do to his wife!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_KJXDElIWw
thier from a neighbouring town to london(where i live) and its common knowledge here in london, that they must be putting something in the water. :shock: :shock: :shock: somethings just not right in that town. :D

the gene pool is really shallow in that neck of the woods........ i have done some crazy stuff in my time but that's just to crazy......

Von Stans said:
the gene pool is really shallow in that neck of the woods........ i have done some crazy stuff in my time but that's just to crazy......

The guy's definitely a contender for the Darwin Awards if he keeps trying to fly motorhomes! :shock:

icyuod2 said:
i was lucky with this one chainsaw.

found it on kijiji for $300 in running condition, delivered to the door. :) other than a dent in the tank and a cranked headlight assembly it was in great shape. guy told me on the phone, that they make u-tube vid's and were jumping wynabago's, he broke his back and needed money.

i envisioned them jumping a wynabago with the cb 175. :(
boy was i wrong! even made it to t.v.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJJnluzPH0c
you should see what they do to his wife!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_KJXDElIWw
thier from a neighbouring town to london(where i live) and its common knowledge here in london, that they must be putting something in the water. :shock: :shock: :shock: somethings just not right in that town. :D

haha yeah i actually watch those vids and what happened was when he landed the cabinets in the rv came down and crushed him. i believe they hit the base of his spine not exactly sure.

Wingman said:
Mr Hooch, Have you ridden that Persang Before ??
No Sir it hasnt ran for 20 some years but isn't stuck and the clutch seems to work, so the plan is to tear it down ring it and hone it inspect it and put it back together with a new mikuni replacement carb

icyuod2 said:
that flag tracker is wicked! i love it! ya sure ya don't wanna sell it for a million trillion dollars? :)

this old motorcycle thread was just the kick in the pants i needed, i've spent the last couple days working on the 71 cd cafe racer.
chopped the fenders,removed useless bracketry/weight, and mounted my woodcraft clip on's
its starting to shape up nice.
IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

oh, and i managed to get the big bear home.
IMG_2790.jpg

interested to see where you take your cd.

those hubs will polish out nice... it only takes 8 hours dremel time. :D

4357120100_82b849d5d8_b.jpg

warpigg said:
here's my 1970 ca/cd175

got it about a month ago... that sent some bikes from the garage to the shed.

4356357007_c98b1127b2_b.jpg

Cool! I had a friend who had the 125 version way, way back in the day. A nice little sickel to ride.

my cheap thrill ive been buildin. was mostly stock when i got it a few months ago. 76 kz440 kick only. hardtailed. tryin to modify a all brass 20's cadillac light for a tail light right now. frickin winters about 2 seconds away tho..booo.

chop002-1.jpg

thesuicideride said:
my cheap thrill ive been buildin. was mostly stock when i got it a few months ago. 76 kz440 kick only. tryin to modify a all brass 20's cadillac light for a tail light right now. frickin winters about 2 seconds away tho..booo.

chop002-1.jpg
LOVE LOVE LOVE this one!

Bordertown Devil said:
thesuicideride said:
my cheap thrill ive been buildin. was mostly stock when i got it a few months ago. 76 kz440 kick only. tryin to modify a all brass 20's cadillac light for a tail light right now. frickin winters about 2 seconds away tho..booo.

chop002-1.jpg
LOVE LOVE LOVE this one!

thanks man! i have a 24oz. heineken keg can and im gonna cut the top off and either some how thread it so it screws back on or put a hinge and a latch on it and use it for wrench/glasses storage. its goin in the area under the seat to look like a oil bag. should be pretty cool

delete1.jpg

delete-2.jpg

XS650 soft tail. I still have a ways to go. I'm gonna redo the back frame section a bit.

I had machine work done and installed a '78 Harley Superglide fork on it with a 21" wheel.

Chainsaw said:
These aren't my actual pictures of the bikes I mentioned earlier but they'll give you an idea of what mine were like. I know that I have some pictures somewhere but the bulk of them got destroyed a few years ago. I'll keep looking.

Chaparral ST80
ChaparralAd.jpg

chaparral.jpg

125 Rickman
IMG_0743.jpg

Yamaha DT250
74dt250.jpg

Suzuki 125
76suzuki125.jpg

What The basket case shoulda looked like. The Red bike.
mward_250.jpg

I had this Yamaha DT 250 just like the one in the picture same color and everything..its long gone but I did buy another one in silver a few
years ago..Its a DT 250 2mx I believe..I should uncover it from the garage and post a few pics..

hooch, i had that same bike. i first flat track it, then raced desert with it. i moto-x it, then i built it into a hill climber. man i can't think what else i did to that bike. the best bike i ever owned. wow, you brought back memorys. thank you.

Outlaw

i thought i had posted this before but heres what started me on everything besides VWs, my cal-kart mini bike,here almost finished

mini bike almost finished by masterpoop63, on Flickr
when on a oldminibikes.com a member there showed me here when i posted pictures of my first old bike i got from my uncle,loved here ever since :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back