Let's see your old motorcycles!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
icyuod2 said:
i have a few old projects in various states of disrepair. lol

oldest to newest

1960 ducati ts americano 200
cid_F0872B1269E04C1992046D555349-1.jpg

1964 yamaha omaha trail 80 step through dirtbike (with heel toe shifter)
IMG_1298-1.jpg

1967 yamaha 305 big bear scambler
IMG_1302-2.jpg

1971 yamaha twin jet 100
IMG_1961.jpg

and last but not least my 1971 cd (not cb) 175 cafe project
IMG_2709.jpg

with any luck, i'm hoping to purchase either this 67 big bear or 66 suzuki scrambler tomorrow .(perhaps both)
32137ik_20.jpg

8981njc_20.jpg

i'm not sure why i love the old small cylinder bikes so much, but i do. :)

I know I have said it before.... But I love the Mer/Octo/whatever she is painting.... Thing of beauty.... Ok and the bikes are ok too :mrgreen:

thx monster.

thats my seasters freak show poster. :)

looks like i'm the proud owner of another 305 big bear. $400, i just couldn't help myself. :)

Boris said:
Feralkid said:
Boris said:
:) Feralkid MAD MAX ROCKS! Love the Duck! ......Also that pic of the guy in the little car with the side mounted Harley Engine I remember that Pic years ago in Easyrider Magazine!! How Weird that i remember :D !!
haha yeah its one of the best movie series imo it was excellent up until beyond thunderdome haha.I hear that mad max 4 is in the making
Agree! Thunderdome was ok but not as good as the others! You may have noticed from my other posts on this thread that i'm a Kwacker [Kawasaki] fan! thats how the duck got his name i think. 4TH film in the making :shock: :shock: WOW!
Well if you are a kawi fan then you must love the bikes from the road warrior (mad max 2). Ibelieve most of them kawis and they also donated most of the bikes for the first one.

cap048a.jpg

My 77' BMW 100/7 that I had to sell when I got laid-off from construction in order to move to Philladelphia :cry: One day I will get another motorcycle...but now, rat rod bikes will occupy my time.

Oh! Yeh! Gotta love those old Kwaka's! The Mad Max films did come from Australia and the first one was dubbed to hide the ozzie accents believe it or not:shock:! Have you seen an Ozzie film from the same era thats dripping with big old Z1000's and Z650's called STONE? its amazing most of the actors from mad max are in it!

vibr8shun said:
cap048a.jpg

My 77' BMW 100/7 that I had to sell when I got laid-off from construction in order to move to Philladelphia :cry: One day I will get another motorcycle...but now, rat rod bikes will occupy my time.
Sorry you had to let that one go i loved these cycles!

icyuod2 said:
i have a few old projects in various states of disrepair. lol

oldest to newest

1960 ducati ts americano 200
cid_F0872B1269E04C1992046D555349-1.jpg

1964 yamaha omaha trail 80 step through dirtbike (with heel toe shifter)
IMG_1298-1.jpg

1967 yamaha 305 big bear scambler
IMG_1302-2.jpg

1971 yamaha twin jet 100
IMG_1961.jpg

and last but not least my 1971 cd (not cb) 175 cafe project
IMG_2709.jpg

with any luck, i'm hoping to purchase either this 67 big bear or 66 suzuki scrambler tomorrow .(perhaps both)
32137ik_20.jpg

8981njc_20.jpg

i'm not sure why i love the old small cylinder bikes so much, but i do. :)

Probably 'cause small-bores are less pretentious than the big stuff. Besides, they're more fun to ride. Nice collection, Bro, or so says one bass player to another. (What brand of axxe is that?)

Boris said:
Oh! Yeh! Gotta love those old Kwaka's! The Mad Max films did come from Australia and the first one was dubbed to hide the ozzie accents believe it or not:shock:! Have you seen an Ozzie film from the same era thats dripping with big old Z1000's and Z650's called STONE? its amazing most of the actors from mad max are in it!

Did they really redub the 1st Mad Max? Living in NZ, we got the original version from across the Tasman. Didn't the film go Stateside as 'Road Warrior'? There was a bad Italian knock off called 'Warriors of the Lost World' which I saw many moons ago on a VHS tape of a satirical American TV show called Mystery Science Theater 3000. It's soooo bad it's hilarious, even without the comments of the American show's characters.

mopedrodder said:
Probably 'cause small-bores are less pretentious than the big stuff. Besides, they're more fun to ride. Nice collection, Bro, or so says one bass player to another. (What brand of axxe is that?)

thats an old 60's raven. made for the canadian market. its basicly a teisco. same company, same bass, different name.

icyuod2 said:
mopedrodder said:

thats an old 60's raven. made for the canadian market. its basicly a teisco. same company, same bass, different name.

Cool! I remember Teisco gats from my misspent youth, but being south of the border (in L.A.) in those daze, I never saw one branded Raven. My own bass is a Guild Starfire IV with a Dimarzio humbucker that I've owned for decades that shares space with my mint, original '66 Vox Wildcat that's been in my possession for more than 30 years. Maybe we need another thread for musicians and instrument collectors?

Boris said:
Just googled 'mad max dubbed' seems like it was dubbed even Mel Gibson! how wierd!

Kinda like seeing TV docos from the US where people with speaking English with foreign accents (including UK, Australiasian!) are subtitled... :?

Boris said:
yes i have seen that dubbed copy and no ill have to look into that movie stone sounds cool :) edit i just added on netflix

mopedrodder said:
Cool! I remember Teisco gats from my misspent youth, but being south of the border (in L.A.) in those daze, I never saw one branded Raven. My own bass is a Guild Starfire IV with a Dimarzio humbucker that I've owned for decades that shares space with my mint, original '66 Vox Wildcat that's been in my possession for more than 30 years. Maybe we need another thread for musicians and instrument collectors?

once upon a time i used to own an army of bass guitars. i picked em up from garage sales,kijiji etc.
i bet i had less than $600 invested.and the lado cost me $300

IMG_6658.jpg

mopedrodder said:
Chainsaw said:
O.k. you guys got me more than a little confused as to how you knew it was my Birthday Party Day (actual birthday was Tuesday the 19th). Thanks a bunch!
I love the individual characteristics of all the old bikes! I will spend a little more time looking over your posts tomorrow and i'll try to come up with some of my old pictures and stories. Gotta get going and accomplish something before the party. I'm looking forward to this little get together. Lot's of friends are planning on showing.
Thanks again,
Chainy

Hi, apologies for getting the date wrong. Hope the milestone birthday bash went well. :D

Love the shots of your Uncle Ron's sickels. I still relate to the old skool chopper look. Cheers.

No apologies needed. I just wasn't aware that anyone had posted about my birthday on this board. It just kinda surprie birthday'd me! As far as the party ....... WILD! We had a ball, lot's of friends showed including some that I hadn't seen in 17 years!
Unfortunatelt Uncle ROn put some acid wash uncovered too close to the bike. The finch paint job is trashed on the one side and alot of the chrome is trashed also. Gigs brother and I both want the bike but Ron won't sell it. Probably will just rust away. :(

icyuod2 said:
mopedrodder said:

once upon a time i used to own an army of bass guitars. i picked em up from garage sales,kijiji etc.
i bet i had less than $600 invested.and the lado cost me $300

IMG_6658.jpg

Great collection! I used to do the same when I lived in Beautiful Downtown Burbank some 30 years ago. My favourite was scoring a Silvertone (Danelectro) 6-string (single pickup) and practice amp (not the one that was built into the gat case) for $5.00. I stuck a set of Schaller machine heads and Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings on the ol' axxe and used it as my main studio guit-fiddle. I sold it 19 years ago and the coolest thing was seeing it some years later on a local rock video! :shock:

Chainsaw said:
mopedrodder said:
Chainsaw said:
O.k. you guys got me more than a little confused as to how you knew it was my Birthday Party Day (actual birthday was Tuesday the 19th). Thanks a bunch!
I love the individual characteristics of all the old bikes! I will spend a little more time looking over your posts tomorrow and i'll try to come up with some of my old pictures and stories. Gotta get going and accomplish something before the party. I'm looking forward to this little get together. Lot's of friends are planning on showing.
Thanks again,
Chainy

Hi, apologies for getting the date wrong. Hope the milestone birthday bash went well. :D

Love the shots of your Uncle Ron's sickels. I still relate to the old skool chopper look. Cheers.

No apologies needed. I just wasn't aware that anyone had posted about my birthday on this board. It just kinda surprie birthday'd me! As far as the party ....... WILD! We had a ball, lot's of friends showed including some that I hadn't seen in 17 years!
Unfortunatelt Uncle ROn put some acid wash uncovered too close to the bike. The finch paint job is trashed on the one side and alot of the chrome is trashed also. Gigs brother and I both want the bike but Ron won't sell it. Probably will just rust away. :(

Sounds like you had a great night! Sorry to hear that your Uncle R's sickel got damaged. Even sadder is that he won't pass it onto either your brother-in-law or you. I hate seeing things going to waste (which is why I took part of the afternoon off to put high-build primer on the CZ racer - yesterday's weather was nice and I went for a jam with my Bro, Attila the Hungarian - yes, he really is named Attila and he and his missus are from Budapest. Boris will appreciate he's another Kwaka rider, piloting another Estrella. Ciao

Unfortunatelt Uncle ROn put some acid wash uncovered too close to the bike. The finch paint job is trashed on the one side and alot of the chrome is trashed also. Gigs brother and I both want the bike but Ron won't sell it. Probably will just rust away. :([/quote]

Chainsaw, I don't think anyone else posted your B-Day on here, YOU DID, look at the bottom of all your posts, "Manufactured January, 1960"

Not a motorcycle, but it nealy killed me several times. This pic was made in 1968.

leftmini.jpg

Here is the same bike now. I was able to purchase it back from the next owner several years ago.

mini2right.jpg

Still runs with a Kohler CS-4 engine. I still have the original 5hp B&S. The brakes are gone but brakes on these were relative to start with. Icant remember all the motors I had, but there were several Rupps. A 1968 Hodaka 90, 1972 Honda CB350 , 1977 Suzuki RM250B, 1979 Kawa KZ650.
Thanks!!!

Minibikes are always welcome! The minis are what started many of us onto the whole motor head/gearhead scene! I've got to give Gigs the computer real soon, but I'll try to post up some of my old bikes tomorrow! I got the day off and the computer to mysaelf! :p :p :p

Latest posts

Back