Kokomo, In USA NEW VIDEOS!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kokomo, In USA

Yes they are, I have the original front fork but it's bent, other than that here is my Hercules Rat-Tracker.
BEFORE

P9150193.jpg

AFTER
P9170014.jpg

That's a pretty cool transformation. I'll bet that fork helps out in the comfort department.

I just noticed my bike has the exact same chain wheel as yours.

jonvo4591 said:
That's a pretty cool transformation. I'll bet that fork helps out in the comfort department.

I just noticed my bike has the exact same chain wheel as yours.

Not as much as you'd think, it still rides high and tight. I been thinking of swapping it out as soon as I can find a triple tree or old school springer.

Go with the springer! I've been dying to put a springer on my bike for a while, both for looks and comfort. I have no real experience in springers other than looking at pictures though.

I want to make something like this: A dual spring old-school looking fork. This one's for a Harley but I like the style
springerblack.jpg

Yeah I know, I'll probably call and see if they make it in my size it not there's always the option of borrowing a welder and get other head-tube.

Hey, a fellow ratrodder close to me. I live at Eagles Point off 31. I had lived in Kokomo for many years though. I just started with building custom rats and maybe we could get together and swap ideas or just cruise sometime. Peace and Huffy grease.

ckdesigns69 said:
Hey, a fellow ratrodder close to me. I live at Eagles Point off 31. I had lived in Kokomo for many years though. I just started with building custom rats and maybe we could get together and swap ideas or just cruise sometime. Peace and Huffy grease.

Yeah definitely, I got a whole shed FULL of parts too so if you need anything let me know. I love trading too.

Thanks. Man, love that Hercules you have, the rat tracker. I want to build something like that. I have drawings of just a standard beach cruiser framed board track looking bike that I want to call " Rat Racer ". I used to be into motorcycles, can't afford them, but, one of my favorite ways to customize an old Jap street bike was to cafe it and invert the bars. Have seen some really cool board tracker bicycles that let me live that design out again. Hey, where did you find that trailer you pull behind your cruiser? I am building a bike to ride the property I work at, doing maintenance and that would be cool to haul tools and parts in. My boss thinks I'm crazy but, I just love to ride and thought it would be a cool way to do my job and have fun. Plus, I'd be going green. lol. Love the folding bike you found too the other day. It is cool man. Peace and bearing grease.

ckdesigns69 said:
Thanks. Man, love that Hercules you have, the rat tracker. I want to build something like that. I have drawings of just a standard beach cruiser framed board track looking bike that I want to call " Rat Racer ". I used to be into motorcycles, can't afford them, but, one of my favorite ways to customize an old Jap street bike was to cafe it and invert the bars. Have seen some really cool board tracker bicycles that let me live that design out again. Hey, where did you find that trailer you pull behind your cruiser? I am building a bike to ride the property I work at, doing maintenance and that would be cool to haul tools and parts in. My boss thinks I'm crazy but, I just love to ride and thought it would be a cool way to do my job and have fun. Plus, I'd be going green. lol. Love the folding bike you found too the other day. It is cool man. Peace and bearing grease.

Yeah I've got a few bikes I've built this year, I like the folding bike too but it's a pain when the LBS can't even get tires for it, have to go online. The trailer is just a kids trailer you can get brand new at Walmart for like $80. I got my 2 used on Craigslist for $20 and the other was given to me by a neighbor. They are useful as ever, I've hauled tools, finished bikes to customers, junk bikes I find thrown out, scrap to the yard, scrap from the yard, flea market goods, used to take my dog along for rides, grocerys, post office boxes to mail out parts, post office boxes to haul home parts , everything. I've had it maxed out at 300 lbs! And it's cheap one, they do make others with aluminum frames that can haul more.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/bik/2011871137.html
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/bik/2009801767.html
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/bik/2003242575.html

ckdesigns69 said:
I will have to check that out. Thanks for the craigslist links. :)

no problem, I know I wouldn't get rid of mine for anything, I use it to haul all sorts of stuff every day. grocerys, scrap, found bikes, even hauled a small riding mower on it once! it's been a tough trailer. Here's just an idea of what mine does on a daily basis

P7240071.jpg

P7240072.jpg

Figured I'd show off some of our local trails here in Kokomo.
Foster park's cool bike art.
Picture011.jpg

Then a few pics on the trail
Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

This is what I'm talking about! deep woods TRIALS! (And it's shaded enough it's not unbearably hot)
Picture003.jpg

VIDEOS!

Latest posts

Back