Kidney Stew - together but not done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kidney Stew - i'm joining the fun

okay got the frame all primed and painted today now its dryin in the sun for awhile , tomorrow ill do the forks .

used kyrlons ruddy brown primer

the monark ( pepsi bike) helped out as a work bench lol

then i used kyrlons outdoor spaces satin paint called "earth"

so brown it is ! just like kidney stew lol

Re: Kidney Stew - paint started

You missed a little spot inside the seat clamp... I'm just sayin'.

:wink:

Re: Kidney Stew - i'm joining the fun

Fireproof said:
HotRodJen said:
so brown it is ! just like kidney stew lol

Sorry Jen . . . I'm not seein' any stew . . . but it does give me a hankerin' fer some Hershey's Kisses! :p

haha that too ! its pretty bad when my bf lives in the next town over from hershey i have to drive threw it all the time all that chocolate at a girls finger tips can be a dangerous thing

Re: Kidney Stew - paint started

ok started the pinstriping on one side of the fork .. got to this point with no stand to work with in my room , the bowling pin was just sturdy enough to lean on for a second , so i did what i can tonight. ill do more with the stand outside tomorrow , colors i will be using are ... orange,salmon pink,ivory, and maybe sublime green .

and i've come to the conclusion the chrome fenders need to be painted .. there not nice enough to keep chrome and like i said before this is a BUDGET bike . so im not buying any fenders for it even though i would love to .

Re: Kidney Stew - pinstripin started

I have no steady hand, I know of no local pinstripers, I have no money for striping, but I am traveling to PA on monday and back home the following saturday... what are the chances of me passing through your neck of the woods? :D

yoothgeye said:
I have no steady hand, I know of no local pinstripers, I have no money for striping, but I am traveling to PA on monday and back home the following saturday... what are the chances of me passing through your neck of the woods? :D
hahaha pa is a big state what area are you going threw?

HotRodJen said:
hahaha pa is a big state what area are you going threw?

Who knows, yeah, I know it's a big state, every other year wife, kids, and myself go with her parents to Lancaster to be total tourists but act like we own the place and know all the secrets as we ogle the Amish.

I am taking the youth group from NC (right on the VA border on Interstate 95) to Pittsburgh.

Oh, and I totally forgot to say it, but the pinstriping is amazing on everthing I've seen. How about posting some pictures of stuff that maybe you did at age 4 that really sucked. :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
Oh, and I totally forgot to say it, but the pinstriping is amazing on everthing I've seen. How about posting some pictures of stuff that maybe you did at age 4 that really sucked. :mrgreen:
you will be super far from me when ur out here .

age 4 ... dont have any from then lol . but here is my first EVER time holding a pinstriping brush in my hand

my uncle used to paint back in the day i went over he showed me how to hold the brush and how to load it , he got a phone call and when he came back out i had this done ..

he said to keep at it and that he hated me lol so i kept at it and he doesnt really hate me :)

Yeah, I was about to say I hated you too, but I thought that would be mean, then I saw that a relative had said it, so I'll just agree. :x

:wink:

my mom tells me that me learning to pinstripe is pointless. kind of a bummer since ive wanted to learn for a,long time. have afew brushes saved up and stashed away, and always find myself sharpie striping on everything. this just makes me want to learn even more. i just am really loving the colors. keep it up!

Awesome stripes Jen you're a natural you sure you've never striped before ?
Loving the build so far keep it up !

Back