Just What bike can you not find????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets see...my top three are:
Bluebird...insanely rare and expensive
bluebird01.jpg

Black phantom... Little less rare but still expensive
2004149.jpg

Cycle truck... Just haven't found one in my price range yet.
1_e6b101767437ff3edf0181bd67b115b6.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Vonpotter said:
Huffybike.jpg

Had a shot at a Hiawatha wheel bike, but the guy was asking 400 plus for it. Someday I will find one....someday

Or the aforementioned Aluminum Silver King

Make your own wheel bike!!!

20110730Photo_0D1CEAC1-A187-84CE-CBDB-5145AA116C6D.jpg

This is the one rare occasion where I would rather buy an original over making one. This is my Eleanor so to speak.

Buck Rogers Bicycle ( 1930s)
images-3.jpg

Screenshot2012-11-26at123010AM.png

Not sure if any exists. Looks like something "Peewee" Herman would ride. But I like the idea of putting
a rocket type style for the tank & headlights. And tone down the side body structure.
images-4.jpg

SliverfrontLJ.jpg

I have this for the tank...
DSC_0601.jpg

I bought 2 at the local swap meet. One was incomplete & very rusted , only good for parts ,
which I used to complete this one :
DSC_0513.jpg

I bought this @ wally mart as the base frame
DSC_0483.jpg

Tires are BOA -G ( 26x3.45) size. I removed the black lettering on the tires.

I have a list of rare or expensive bikes that I would just love to have that's as long as my arm. There is a bike out there that is neither but I have yet to see one, let alone find one to buy. It is a 1980 Schwinn Phantom MAG Scrambler. Chrome frame, red decals, black mags. I had one when I was a kid and it was stolen in 1982. I have not seen another one since.

Elgin blue bird, or and elgin twin-bar, Schwinn Gray Ghost, Huffy "the wheel", or a coppertone stingray deluxe

But most realistically, and suprisingly hard to find even tho i live soooo close to where it was made....
An AMF Aero-bee muscle bike, of arkansas manufacture

Vonpotter said:
Huffybike.jpg

Had a shot at a Hiawatha wheel bike, but the guy was asking 400 plus for it. Someday I will find one....someday

Or the aforementioned Aluminum Silver King

There was a "Wheel" at the Dudley, MA swap last week...not sure if it was Huffy but I swear the guy selling it was a RRB member...YUP, just found his info for ya.

Re: Dudley Massachusetts Swap ill be bringing....

Postby scooterpete on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:08 pm
I WILL BE THERE IM BRINGING A WHEEL BIKE, A 68 ORANGE KRATE AND A PEA PICKER PLUS OTHER MUSLE BIKE PRTS REAL RARE HUFFY MAG WHEEL SOME SEATS ETC LOOK FOR THE BIG GUY IN A HANDICAPPED SCOOTER 315 436 9192 HAVE ALOT OF MUSCLE BIKE STUFF CALL ME IFTHERE IS SOMETHING YOU NEED BEFORE SATURDY PETE

scooterpete

The bad thing is if you find a really nice old bike in perfect condition, or
spend the outrageous money to buy all the rare parts to build one....You
don't dare ride it for fear of a scratch or something. You might as well have
a picture of one. :shock:

CCR said:
Am I the only one that digs newer stuff ??? :lol: Wish these were still around (or even on this side of the pond)

1f5ccc402e066dc740a1ec4d1afbd52c.jpg

2007EditionNewBelgiumCrusierBlack.jpg

I'm with you on the electra that is one bike I want bad. I think those came out in 06

MIGZ said:
I'm with you on the electra that is one bike I want bad. I think those came out in 06

Im partial to the simpler version like in the pic, I have only seen one other in person but it was the oxide red color with the triple tree forks ... still really awesome 8)

dragnusa said:
I want a Huffy Thunder Road with the 56 plates on it

I remember one summer when just about every kid in the neighborhood had one of those. Most were destroyed by the time we went back to school in the fall. They didn't hold up and now nice ones bring premium prices. :shock:

I would like an affordable early 1900s shaft drive bike to find me. Pipe dream, I know.

I wanted one of these so bad when they were new, had little kids to feed and car payments. Now I'm too old to ride it like it should be ridden. :(

Schwinn Straight 8

DSCN7236.jpg

kingsting said:
dragnusa said:
I want a Huffy Thunder Road with the 56 plates on it

I remember one summer when just about every kid in the neighborhood had one of those. Most were destroyed by the time we went back to school in the fall. They didn't hold up and now nice ones bring premium prices. :shock:
I dont know about not holding up, that was one of the toughest bikes I had. I had one my brother got then it was passed down to me and I think the worst thing I ever did to it was snap the back axle( it was like 12 yrs old when it happened) and then the time I had an insane wipe out on it and stuck my foot thru the frame number plate. I bet I put 20 miles a day on that bike growing up in my small town

Back