Just What bike can you not find????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this should have been in the "wanted Forum" but I just wanted to see what everybodies dream bike is......Love to see some pics and insperation

so I ask

Is there are bike out there that you just can't find! the elusive "proverbial" unicorn if you will! The bike that is just way toooo "expensive" or just too rare to find........BE SURE TO POST PICS....

There are a few for me, but the one for me is the

Twin-Flex.... A 1939 Dayton Huffman
2008-AA-Drews-Twinflex.jpg

Yes that is a TwinFlex. There are actually two TwinFlex builds going on right now.
I couldn't find one, so I built my own for RRBBO7.

Firewalker said:
I just hit your link! NICE JOB! I love how you used everyday bike parts to make it all work! Hats off to you!

FW

Thanks buddy. Of course I would rather have a real TwinFlex, but at least the LBS has one on display that I can go oogle at when I want.

It's a good thing that we're not all after the same bikes. If we were that one bike would be priceless and all others would be worth nothing.One bike I would like to find is a three speed with rod brakes.No particular brand,just a man's model and with rod brakes.

I would like to find a nice original Firestone Super Deluxe. I mean they really aren't that hard to find, I am just too cheap to shell out the dough for a nice one. Its weird, I'll spend $3K on my road bike, but when it comes to vintage bikes, I'm as cheap as they come. That's probably why I am into rat bikes.

Huffybike.jpg

Had a shot at a Hiawatha wheel bike, but the guy was asking 400 plus for it. Someday I will find one....someday

Or the aforementioned Aluminum Silver King

I'm not sure yet but here are my choices.

I have one but I want a complete Spaceliner including a two speed and rat trap fork.

I would also like to have either a Murray Eliminator or King Kat if I could ever afford any of these bikes I mentioned which will take some years to happen.

How about the first production High Rise Banana Seat bike the "Huffy Penguin" :D

penguin1-4.jpg

meatwad1 said:
Here's my dream bike.

1938 roadmaster all american supreme.

http://www.nostalgic.net/bicycle439/picture1962

For some reason, I am not really into a lot of the fully restored stuff, but that 38 All American is a beauty!!!!! I love the paint scheme and details you can see on the other photos.

1938%20Roadmaster%204%20gill%201.jpg

Vonpotter said:
Huffybike.jpg

Had a shot at a Hiawatha wheel bike, but the guy was asking 400 plus for it. Someday I will find one....someday

Or the aforementioned Aluminum Silver King

Make your own wheel bike!!!

20110730Photo_0D1CEAC1-A187-84CE-CBDB-5145AA116C6D.jpg

Back