Junk Bros. Build - AMFer - DONE!!! July 27, 2014

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also got the first color base applied. I will clear with matt clear when all is said and done.

Keep at it, only a month or so left to go, Rg
DSC00600_zps1b514c80.jpg

Love how well the badge turned out.
That frame looks like Marvin Martian's rocket ship about to take off!

Worst kind of update, no pics, but who wants pictures of color sanding? Anyway, I got the first base coat color sanded then laid out and drilled the badge holes last night. Hopefully some more color this afternoon, then more sanding and then clear.

I also worked on the red acrylic panel, it had all kinds of scratches and pits (it was a bug shield) and took a while before it started looking good. Still working on how to mount it, should have figured it out before I started painting but I kinda forgot about it.

Good luck to all, Rg

Diver Down! Can't wait to see that in daylight!!
Nice work!

I'm trying to keep the doodads to a minimum but I have to have a taillight, so I found an old lens in my junk box (otherwise known as my garage) made it fit in to a pot lid handle ( these are cheap at thrift stores) and jb welded it to a mini flashlight. Still needs come finesse, but it works...

DSC00612_zps7e527062.jpg

DSC00611_zpsda68bcdc.jpg

DSC00614_zps3211e223.jpg

I really like the engine turned name! Maybe an outline on the letters would make it pop a bit, and maybe a tighter curve on the "J" too. I love how the tank tuned out tho, it reminds me of a dive flag, I got my open water license so I couldn't help make the comparison :thumbsup::grin:

Digging the bike but not the decal so much. The prismy look belongs on something else if you ask me. Would be cool with "JUNK" brush painted on little rascals style in my mind though.

Little-Rascals.jpg

But the decal isnt enough to scare me away from loving it either ;)

Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna remove the decals and do something else (hopefully something better...)

Rg

You never know if something is gonna work or not until you try. I wasn't digging the decal. It just seemed so different from the rest of the build. I am sure you'll brew up something cool.

Back