Junk Bros. Build - AMFer - DONE!!! July 27, 2014

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You never know if something is gonna work or not until you try. I wasn't digging the decal. It just seemed so different from the rest of the build. I am sure you'll brew up something cool.

Im gonna try! Rg

This whole build has a leaping forward look to it, what about junk in smaller letters leaning forward and made out of the red plexiglass?

Put it together just enough to take it to my buddies for some Pro-fessional advice. Who knows, he may say leave it alone...

The acrylic was clamped and jb welded in to place. You gotta love that stuff...

Rg

DSC00622_zps861d1d75.jpg

DSC00616_zps33a29322.jpg

DSC00619_zps6327a423.jpg

DSC00618_zps4682f211.jpg

DSC00620_zps6a377d17.jpg

Super paint job!!!! I like the tank just as it sits to be honest with you.

Cutting that plexi is a bear, I don't think I could ever cut letters out of it, straight lines were a challenge!

I have a buddy who paints signs, so I'm gonna get his opinion.

Rg
I'm also a sign painter and my opinion (I know it doesn't matter) is that the head badge gets the job done. I would consider pulling an accent color from the head badge and use it to paint a pin stripe around the diver flag to separate it from the black. If lettering is a must, then I'd go with something small in the bottom front red area and distress it. (2cents)

This bike is really coming together nicely!:thumbsup:

I'm also a sign painter and my opinion (I know it doesn't matter) is that the head badge gets the job done. I would consider pulling an accent color from the head badge and use it to paint a pin stripe around the diver flag to separate it from the black. If lettering is a must, then I'd go with something small in the bottom front red area and distress it. (2cents)

This bike is really coming together nicely!:thumbsup:
Oh, your opinion matters, but in the end every one has to build a bike they can live with regardless what other people might like! I agree that the separation between the flag (actually that was original western flyer paint but it does look like the diver down flag) and the black needs to be striped to hide my haphazard tape job.

I guess we all struggle, that's what brings us together! Good luck, Rg

I needed a way to mount my janky taillight, so I dug around in my 5 gallon bucket labelled "stuff pulled off of bikes no one wants but the stuff might be useful in the next couple of decades". Found an old seat clamp that works pretty good. I'll have to mount it on the bike to get an idea whether it's a keeper or if I have to come up with something else.

All for now, Rg

DSC00624_zps5113e7d9.jpg

DSC00625_zpsab27432c.jpg

DSC00626_zps271fc387.jpg

DSC00627_zps61eb9af4.jpg

DSC00630_zps10be1e99.jpg

Looks like a keeper to me.

Said it before this bike is bad butt. Oh thank you for the praise before but honestly I couldn't hold a candle to this bike.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Said it before this bike is bad butt. Oh thank you for the praise before but honestly I couldn't hold a candle to this bike.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
I don't feel that way, this bike has a few neat things going for it, but all of your builds are legendary in my mind.

Thanks, Rg

I figured I had better get the front light working. I added a red led below the bulb, just because... Not much else, my wife's granny died and we have spent a lot of time with her grandfather.

Good luck to all, Rg

DSC00631_zpse408470d.jpg

DSC00632_zps495565ee.jpg

DSC00633_zps0cae715a.jpg

DSC00634_zps571acd86.jpg

Back