JC Hiawathark--Now named Ratrod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im really, Really diggin it...the bars must have been from a kids bike...or someone other than me cut 'em.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
100_2664.jpg

The hub shiners are a nice touch but it might take them awhile to actually shine those hubs. Great bike especially for a 2 day build. I love those star sprockets and the flipped rat trap springer look good.

Looks chopped and raked, and I'm a sucker for super old school rubber. I still maintain that some of the best builds takes about the time as it takes to drink a six pack to build. Cheers

so, flipping the forks makes it more raked? do they have to be spaceliner forks? or can they be any type of old school fork that looks like the one used on this bike? also, awesome idea using bar ends. im actually gettin ready to cut up a pair right now!!

Easy E

as long as theyre like this
100_2639.jpg

...or similar. With this type you just flip the dropouts, right to left, and move the old rear part to the front.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

well.....i guess its not happenin then cuz i aint got a set of forks like that. anyways... sweet bike mark!

Easy E

well mark now that you mention it, i dont have a freakin clue! i know it doesnt have the truss bars on it or any type of a springer on it. it looks basically like what your fork would be minus all the truss rods and fancy stuff. thanks for the replies but i just found my dads old conduit bender so im gonna try that tomorrow!!

Easy E

gashuffy63 said:
Looks chopped and raked, and I'm a sucker for super old school rubber. I still maintain that some of the best builds takes about the time as it takes to drink a six pack to build. Cheers
....Im insulted that you would think it takes me 2 days to drink a six pack :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks, its my current fav bike!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Do you have any leads where I might find a set of those pedals? :?

looking good! i wish i had a pic of it before i sold it the first time! it was halfgreen, half black with the opposite colored overspray all over it, a few of those get wet and press on tattoos, and lots of clear coat. it looked cool then and it looks cool now. i have a pair of similar looking bars from the girls royce union that are really short like yours.i would think they came from a kids bike if they dont look cut under the grips.

Back