"It Says all Terrain" Its gotta be good!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The day before yesterday, i was in school, Of Course...looking through detroit craigslist. Found this at the bottom of the page for that days listing. I clicked it...thinking it was some new crappy MTB, turns out it wasnt.

Emailed the guy, told him to give me a call, he did...but around 7:30. When he called, he probably mentioned the fact that it was an All terrain mongoose about 3 times, Calls me the next day when im heading out to pick it up....and keeps mentioning it.
No biggie, i think i stole it for $40
DSCF0561.jpg

Lame rack, Ditched this when it came out of my trunk
DSCF0562.jpg

DSCF0563.jpg

I dont know how that happend, but most of it is still on the derailer
DSCF0564.jpg

How hard does anybody think it will be to fix?
DSCF0565.jpg

DSCF0566.jpg

DSCF0567.jpg

DSCF0568.jpg

DSCF0569.jpg

DSCF0570.jpg

DSCF0571.jpg

DSCF0572.jpg

DSCF0573.jpg

DSCF0574.jpg

DSCF0575.jpg

DSCF0576.jpg

The wheels are what sold it for me. The teeth on the casette in the back are torn...in...I believe 3rd gear.

I kind of want to ditch it all, and create a single speed bmx type thing

Sell the wheels and make your money back. Or ask at your LBS for a frame builder.

They should be able to replace the dropout, but it will probably ruin the chrome.

Good find. The bike shop that I get stuff from had a his and hers waiting for the metal man. The shop gave them to me for my loyalty and 'cause they know I cut frames. The parts on mine were fair but the wheels and the bars and stem blew me away. I got the same tire rot. They were good bikes in there day. You can bring that bike into play mode.
Lemmon Pledge and fine steel wool will take those rust spots out. Have fun with that find.

GL

I spent $375 on my goose in about '92, another $400 or so on 1st gen. Rock Shox, longer neck, bigger tires, rack etc. Other than damage to the finish from me peeling funky green graphics, it's still pretty much 100% with literally thousands of miles. Maybe the $25 hike was for the index shifters.

Glad to see you were able to pick it up.

Too bad about the dropout. I bought mine off of member Jtdaddy and then I stole the wheels off of the bike and threw a set of vintage 80s Sun wheels on it and resold the bike for what I paid for it....thus getting the Pro Class wheels for free.

I love it when a plan comes together...

Hannibal_a-team.jpeg

DOH!!!!!!!!!!! Missed that dropout!!!!! Something bad happened here.
cman is right, you could replace the dropout but the chrome goes. Looks like someone messed with it but it didn't hold up. It looks like they tried to braise it, I would have used my stick welder the first time, maybe to late for that now. If you can't fix it yourself, let it go :( . to bad so sad. You still have the parts :D

GL

Back