Irene.... good luck fellow New Englanders

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Irene hit me hard, and she hit me where it hurts... in my shop where I build and keep my bikes. 120+ year old tree takes out 60 year old shop. Besides serious damage, it let rain in through the 2nd floor and rained into the bottom floor on all my power tools and more, probably 6" downstairs more upstairs. My tall bike actually caught a broken truss on it's handlebars and held it up enough to keep anything from falling on my car. Here's a link to a facebook album of the photos, should be accessable to even those not on FB, but we'll see:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... b60&type=1

Since I could do nothing I put a tarp over my workbench and toolbox and locked up and left, we are at Myrtle Beach.

Yea ,that's painful to look at but glad you're safe. Tall bikes rule.
Kept my tall bike in the backyard while Irene ripped up WH boardwalk.
Got my power back this afternoon aftter loading a cooler of ice. BE SAFE

Sorry to hear that yoothgeye...We got lucky, lots of wind and rain, no damage.

Firt off, sorry about that yoothgeye, i'm glad your okay :wink:
Second, this is my first time on the net since Friday. We had a couple trees fall and up-root in the woods behind me. Two trees fell on the power lines on my road Sunday and only one is cleaned up. We didn't have internet, telephone, or cable until yesterday night at about 9 P.M. My first day of school was cancelled Monday (YES!). Luckily we had our generator :D So, today my road is still closed with a couple other in my town. I have some pics, with my road being closed I was able to ride my bikes for the first time. My road is very busy for a side road :roll:

For any that didn't see the photos, you can see the damage and the structural integrity of my tall bike to my carport.

IMG_4693.jpg

IMG_4692.jpg

IMG_4690.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

IMG_4687.jpg

IMG_4686.jpg

IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_4683.jpg

IMG_4682.jpg

IMG_4681.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

i think its safe to say, youthguy knows how to weld very good! ive heard from trucker friends stranded in albany, all roads closed, cant get in rest area, parked full. i know eastern upstate ny got it bad, heard vermont was too but havent been there yet. do we have any members in vermont? anyone heard from greylock?

I heard from Graylock today...He's Okay. I went from Western MA to Burlington VT, 230 miles to deliver a car, today. Interstates 91 + 89 are clear in VT. Interstate 91 in MA was closed between two exits, Greenfield to Deerfield. It took me 2hrs. to go 7 miles on Rte 5 (detour). Radio said that ELEVEN towns in VT were completely seperated, NO way in, No way out, except by helicopter. Needless to say I never left the highway. ALL the rivers I went over were STILL ROARING.

All I got here was a lot of rain and a little wind. Not even close to what some of these other folks got for weather.
Here's a couple pictures from around town...

This picture on a normal day would have no water in it, none. The river is just off to the right of the picture. That strait mound of dirt is about 4' tall normally.
IMG_6810.jpg

This is just to the left in that first picture, it's the guys house and yard.
IMG_6811.jpg

right across the street from the first two pictures. Again, on a normal day there would be no water in this picture.
IMG_6797.jpg

Help is on its way...
IMG_6830.jpg

Back