Irene.... good luck fellow New Englanders

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
everybody buckled down and ready for her?

Best of luck to you all, hope it's not as bad as they are predicting.

Thanks Ian, you have a safe weekend yourself :wink: My family and I are prepared, I'm just worried about the trees around are house :shock:

It's been raining for about 2-3 hours here, and the wind has been gusting for an hour or so......So far so good!! Oh yeah my parents house is about an hour or so from the NC coast.

Greetings from Virginia Beach! I had to jump on RRB to get my fix before we lose power!

So far so good! 9:00AM Saturday Morning. Irene hasn't really gotten here yet. Just heavy downpours, warm, and some wind. Interestingly enough, on top of the stress of the approaching storm, it's spinning off tornadoes too! We're under a tornado warning at this moment. But we still have power!

Most importantly... all my bikes are safely crammed into one side of the garage so we could put a car on the other side! Unless one of the huge pines I'm surrounded by cuts the garage in half they'll be fine!

See you guys on the other side of this. The next 12 hours are going to be interesting.

Guys, I may attach a sail to my tall bike and cruise the West Haven boardwalk !!
And I'm high enough to not be worried about flooded streets. :lol:
No ,all kidding aside, be safe this weekend , bring in the pets ,and work on your
buildups by candlelight.....Stevil

Stevil said:
Guys, I may attach a sail to my tall bike and cruise the West Haven boardwalk !!
And I'm high enough to not be worried about flooded streets. :lol:
No ,all kidding aside, be safe this weekend , bring in the pets ,and work on your
buildups by candlelight.....Stevil
85mph on a tall bike! You'll be okay...Do it!

Last I checked New England isn't the only area in her path.

Good luck to everyone in the sights of Irene.

-Rob

(In a a rainy and windy Baltimore)

Moved all my bikes from the shed to my basement. Many trees here and a good chance one could fall :cry:

The trees around me aren't just uprooting and falling over. The pines are twisting off at the top and sailing into the sky, landing wherever! I'm in a highly wooded area. It's basically raining pine cones! Big time flooding too. High tide in my area in two hours. Should be interesting. Best of luck to you all who are further north.

Lots,I mean LOTS of trees down here in Queens. For the most part power and phones are fine. The coastal areas like the Rockaways really got pounded. Major stream flooding in North Jersey and Westchester. All in all I guess it could have been a lot worse here.
I hope all you guys and your families came through it okay. :!:

I was definitely remiss in typing "New England" in my original post.

I hope everybody in her path is ok.

In central CT she did not turn out to be so bad. We've been out of power since 7:30am, and word is we may be out through tomorrow, but no significant damage.

Cheers.

lots of rain here but no real major damage, surrounding areas saw lots of downed trees and branches, here at my house I got my pool filled for free with Water and Leaves. hope others on here made it thru ok

im to far inland to have been affected, but ive been prayin for you guys and all your neighbors. seems like no matter where you live, theres weather out to get ya.

Feel free to send some of it down this way.

It's rained once at my house since early June and I think we've had like 63 days of temps over 100 so far.

Glad to hear that it weakened though and didn't cause as much damage as they thought.

Latest posts

Back