Introduction to a build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is DMK. I've found rat-rod bikes and I'm pretty excited to join this community. Recently I've located to the Oregon coast, employed as a School Teacher. While I've finally got the job security I've been searching for, in the field I want, I've left my little paradise of bicycles in Portland, OR.

After purging myself of many Rat-rods, it's time to build up again. The point here for me is one quality build. My goal is to take an existing 26" wheel with dyno hub, alter a old light mount to fit the led light I have, and fit that into a springer fork. I'd also like to have an old straight bar, or maybe tanker frame. What I need is a pretty durable frame, with decent dropouts, preferably horizontal. Ideally I'd like some way to mount disc brakes to the fork, but I realize this would likely mean not having a springer fork. I'd like to fit a 3SX fixed hub into the rear 26". I understand the added stress this can put into the frame, but I'm willing to take the risk. I'd also like to maybe fit a tighter saddle, perhaps one of the new PDW foam saddles. I don't really need a chain guard, but if the bike had something amazing, why not. Fenders would be amazing. I almost never have fenders, but why not. They are really functional here in Oregon. I'm not settled on bars, but something tight, maybe some risers from a MTB might work. This should be a city-slammer. Take the beating, give the beating. I've ridden a lot of bikes, and I've made a lot of dumb bikes. I'm ready to make the bike I want.

Thank you for reading. I hope I can contribute to this site in a meaningful way.

well it sounds like your ready to go ... was I you.... i would make sure to build a water proof bike...
what with the ore coast being your home and all ... welcome to the board... besure to look around..
and post pics of your build

Back