Introduction to a build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is DMK. I've found rat-rod bikes and I'm pretty excited to join this community. Recently I've located to the Oregon coast, employed as a School Teacher. While I've finally got the job security I've been searching for, in the field I want, I've left my little paradise of bicycles in Portland, OR.

After purging myself of many Rat-rods, it's time to build up again. The point here for me is one quality build. My goal is to take an existing 26" wheel with dyno hub, alter a old light mount to fit the led light I have, and fit that into a springer fork. I'd also like to have an old straight bar, or maybe tanker frame. What I need is a pretty durable frame, with decent dropouts, preferably horizontal. Ideally I'd like some way to mount disc brakes to the fork, but I realize this would likely mean not having a springer fork. I'd like to fit a 3SX fixed hub into the rear 26". I understand the added stress this can put into the frame, but I'm willing to take the risk. I'd also like to maybe fit a tighter saddle, perhaps one of the new PDW foam saddles. I don't really need a chain guard, but if the bike had something amazing, why not. Fenders would be amazing. I almost never have fenders, but why not. They are really functional here in Oregon. I'm not settled on bars, but something tight, maybe some risers from a MTB might work. This should be a city-slammer. Take the beating, give the beating. I've ridden a lot of bikes, and I've made a lot of dumb bikes. I'm ready to make the bike I want.

Thank you for reading. I hope I can contribute to this site in a meaningful way.

well it sounds like your ready to go ... was I you.... i would make sure to build a water proof bike...
what with the ore coast being your home and all ... welcome to the board... besure to look around..
and post pics of your build

Latest posts

Back