I shall call him wilfrid the klunker(action video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker ( springer done)

Slow day yesterday but a great brunch with my Mom and an excellent BBQ with my wife and kids! it finally got warm here ( 40 this am 90 yesterday)
w
and thank you Steve for the skull head badge! The light is an old miners helmet light and battery pack that I hope to convert to a LED set up

still trying to come up with a tail light but have a few ideas.

Troy

put Wifrid on the floor today and the pivot arms on the springer sit at the wrong angle (bummer) so will be refabbing them or not may change the head plate angle a minor set back! good thing we still have 11 weeks :lol: :wink: the amount of force to get the action to work feels about right though so need to keep the arms the same length.

Troy

I can not lye this makes me want a bone shaker even more! :wink: (don't tell Momma jats though)

Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker ( springer undone)

Ok I left the shop neat and clean for Wilfrid. I listened to Vitamin Spring Quartet, Adele and Coldplay. See you when you get home tomorrow!

Momma JATS

Laurie Thom said:
Ok I left the shop neat and clean for Wilfrid. I listened to Vitamin Spring Quartet, Adele and Coldplay. See you when you get home tomorrow!

Momma JATS
thanks! heck the only reason it's clean is because of you! thought we agreed on the greatful dead but thats ok :D

Troy

Dead for when we are SHARING the shop....

:D :D :lol:

sorry I have not been on with pics in awhile have been busy at work and just worked a bike rodeo today and repaired 28 bicycles ( mostly flats) for a bunch of kids got some fun time on my mountain bike also will be in the shop tomorrow though so pics a comin!!!

Troy

No pics, love, until I buy batteries.

Thank you for your help with the welding on the forks...I promise I will get more comfortable with all the noise and sparks.

You rocked at the event fixing the tires on the kiddies bikes. Glad you showed them what "JUMP" means. :D

Momma JATS

ty Luke! so today I learned a valuable lesson that can be summed up easily

Thanks Momma Jats! the only correct reply to Van Halens song jump is to bunny hop!!!!!! every time he says jump, although, he said it alot.the kids loved it! hopefully my vision will return soon LOL.

Jats

Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker ( new progress)

jats said:
Ok so here is a mock up of what I have in mind. got tires picked out and a paint scheme also and am going to try my hand at a springer front end. the frame is a 1950 Snyder with a wards head badge

this is the aftermath of the 53 wasp build. gotta love my wife! she is allowing me to use the bathroom again for the build off!
wood for the tank

not sure what to due with this unique safety feature

was not able to fit 3.0 nobbies in it si will be getting 2.5 have to go to work but will get it taken apart when I get back and do a parts pile the wood is called lacewood and should make a cool tank!

Troy

Ok so the springer is done!

extended the spacer on the shock

fitted it with the correct bolts and bent the brake mount arm to fit the frame still need to trim bolts

tank template in place with springer mounted. it has 2" of play and is a little stiffer them my MTB

cut and fit the boards for the tank will mill it to fit in a couple of days.
headlight and taillight mock ups

plan on paralleling the 2 battery packs to create a nice deap cycle type battery at the correct voltage

oh also welded a lip washer (?) to the top shock mount bracket to keep it from pivoting and smoothed it out so it needs sanding then paint. Here is a shot of my MTB that I played with at the bike rodeo

Man, you have been busy!!
Looking good!

kingfish254 said:
Man, you have been busy!!
Looking good!
Thank you King fish! :D

Troy

Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker ( new progress)

LukeTheJoker said:
2 inchs of play! That would be scary to ride!
You might have meant 2 inch's of travel? That would be cool!
:wink:
Nice work on the springer!

Luke.
:oops: yeah travel uhm yup thats it :lol:

Troy

Back