How ya haulin yer bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the Toyota rocks...

festebay010.jpg

Here is my old bike hauler. 1986 Chevy C-10 pick up.

pickup.jpg

It's got 235K miles. A 6.2L MFI non-turbo Detroit Diesel engine. I did some mods to it to run on bio-diesel. It will get about 25 mpg on carbon diesel. About 20 - 22 mpg on B-20 bio-diesel. It will run on B-100 bio-diesel, but you have to start and warm-up using carbon. I have people passing me all the time with their hands over their noses. Thanks!!!

have a 2002 crv, have had 5 bikes in it at once. have to take a pic of it. great car.

Outlaw 8)

I have been trying to think of a way to haul several bikes without scratching them, Has anybody built or seen some type of mounting system on a trailer or similar, What about those rooftop carriers where you remove the front wheel, anybody have knowledge of those, Been thinking of mounting a few of those on a trailer, do they keep the bikes from bouncing into each other. I am thinking of something I can haul 5-8 bikes to a show or swap meet without damage. Any ideas? Rick

I like ur truck Chimi. The 4.3's are such good motors. My buddy jesse had one in his blazer, held up .... good considering what it was put through, it had like 200+thousand miles when he got it, he drove it for 2 years daily, beatin the piss out of it.

Here he is, He did this just about everyday in the school parking lot and .. well everywhere else.. :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b76VMCugPAQ

this is N O T H I N G compaired to what he did on the ORV trails up north :lol: He literally drove it like underwater..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmyAlZYhrfQ&feature=user

Hes makin his jimmy a off roader, He lifted it, and got a 350 with a mild cam, headers, heads i think? BIG Swamper tires, dana 60 axels, lock out hubs in front.. Its gonna be so sweet when its done.

Oh yeah, the reason hes changing the engine? He through a rod right through the block drag racing our friend mike in his caviler.. at least i think thats what did it, Anyways he won that race lol

100_2099.jpg

can fit 3 in the trunk...I always carry my trusty blanket and bungy!!!! :D :D
Supposed to pick up 2 muscle bikes and a pre-war Hiawatha tommorow...Ill take pics of 'em loaded up :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My trusty 1998 Dodge PU which has 229,000 miles on the original 318 and still runs like new. I use it for hauling all sorts of stuff.

7202299752_d6c1446e54_o.jpg

8376610872_1852ab607c_o.jpg

8375540053_9a04cd5e96_o.jpg

Just look at the interior!

8375538239_0d0d771d51_o.jpg

Back