How long before the Honeymoon is over?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ace said:
Getting married in september :shock: got any pointers ? :mrgreen:
This is the TEST: Quit your job. Stay in your underwear, ALL day. Drink beer, ALL day. Don't shower, EVER...Every time you go by her (in your underwear, of course), PASS gas.....Now if you do ALL that, and she's still there....You now know you have a crazy woman...get rid of her! :roll:

I honestly don't know. Somewhere between 20 and 25. I'd ask her but she's not speaking to me at the moment.
I/we raised my Daughter that I had from my "practice marriage".

Then (our wedding day)...
wedding3.jpg

Now (well a couple years ago)...
pic001.jpg

My wife and I have been together since 1974. Got married on Columbus Day '86 so coming up on 25 yrs. I like being married. I've got a keeper! Gary

Stll no sign of Gdcast........must still be busy on his Honeymoon, can't take the time to hang out with his buddies. I'll give him til' the end of the week, he'll show up!

Randy, I like the pictures. You both look so young there, the second picture still holding onto youth. Your wife is talking to you, she's just playing you on a string.

KOTA I'm glad you dumped the crazy lady, your wife is a sweet women, glad to see she's keeping you on the straight and narrow (rail trail bike path) You smell much better now!

For the rest of you consider yourself blessed having a good marriage and still be able to fill your garage up with more bikes than any normal person should own.

Graylock

14 wonderful years in june, on the first day of summer (makes it easier to remember :wink: ). we've had ups and downs, but we always tell each other when things get rough "we'll get thru it, we always do".our wedding invitations read "this day i marry my friend",and we still get closer each day. we have 2 awesome kids together. she gets more beautiful each day, and i get, well, older. :mrgreen: this thread is a really cool idea greylock.

for those of you not yet married seeking advise: never go to bed angry, and i think its the little pet-peeve stuff that starts alot of arguements. think about how silly what your upset about is before you open your mouth, its probably not worth argueing over anyway. pay attention to her pet-peeves also, and flowers and cards for no other reason than just to show you appreciate having her in your life.

14 years, and the honeymoon is just begining!

I've been dating my girl long enough to know she's the one and I'm thinking about popping the question soon. I'm a little nervous bus she's a sweetheart though and she puts up with my bike addiction.

P1280453.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
I've been dating my girl long enough to know she's the one and I'm thinking about popping the question soon. I'm a little nervous bus she's a sweetheart though and she puts up with my bike addiction.
Ya gots to do the "TEST".......... BEFORE ya pop the question! :roll:

KOTA said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Ya gots to do the "TEST".......... BEFORE ya pop the question! :roll:

Quit your job.................They've cut my hours so I'm kinda between jobs right now, still do odd jobs here and there and I do work on the weekends but not enough to say it's a job.

Stay in your underwear, ALL day....................Tried it.......If you didn't notice the mark on her neck...... :oops:

Drink beer, ALL day...............I don't drink much since I turned 21....(recovered alcoholic)..........I've had probably 5 beers in 4 years.

Don't shower, EVER..................Haven't tried this but I have hugged her after working and she doesn't complain (I'm a mechanic so that's a week worth of filth in one day)

Every time you go by her (in your underwear, of course), PASS gas............I've made my atomic burritos and she's still here.....hers are worse than mine...... :oops:

Now if you do ALL that, and she's still there....You now know you have a crazy woman...get rid of her!..............If I did that who am I gonna get that puts up with my excessive bike hoarding? :mrgreen:

KOTA said:
Ace said:
Getting married in september :shock: got any pointers ? :mrgreen:
This is the TEST: Quit your job. Stay in your underwear, ALL day. Drink beer, ALL day. Don't shower, EVER...Every time you go by her (in your underwear, of course), PASS gas.....Now if you do ALL that, and she's still there....You now know you have a crazy woman...get rid of her! :roll:

That test is backwards I agree with outskirts if she stays she is the one if she leaves then who do you find that will put up with the other stuff. 2.5 years with the "wife" as everyone calls her. Great girl who puts up with all my ocd moments. Congrats to GDCast

your supposed to be nervous, thats why it means so much. i think thats a good sign.
forgot to mention this in my earlier post, but when i was little my sweet old neighbor lady had a sign in her kitchen that read:"marraige is an investment that pays great dividends if you pay interest". i think thats pretty cool advise.

X-RAY said:
your supposed to be nervous, thats why it means so much. i think thats a good sign.
forgot to mention this in my earlier post, but when i was little my sweet old neighbor lady had a sign in her kitchen that read:"marraige is an investment that pays great dividends if you pay interest". i think thats pretty cool advise.

Thanks X-Ray, That is good advice. I try to make my girl feel special every day. Tell her how pretty she is, and how much she means to me, and go out of my way to exceed her expectations. Even if it means getting up at 6am and making her breakfast in bed when she's not feeling well. I'm still nervous but not as much as a few hours ago. I think it will work out just fine.

Yeah I'm whipped like a 4 year old at K-mart. :roll:

Preacher: Do you, GDCast, promise to love, honor, cherish, respect and not touch a bicycle for as long as you both shall live.

GDCast: I DO

SORRY guys....He's GONE. He threw us under the bus for a woman!

outskirtscustoms said:
Every time you go by her (in your underwear, of course), PASS gas............I've made my atomic burritos and she's still here.....hers are worse than mine...... :oops:

If your girl reads this and stays with you, then you know she's the one :wink:

My wife and I have been married 10yrs. There have been dark days but as X-Ray said never go to bed angry. And my Dad told me on our wedding day that the best thing to do for a happy marriage is to make your lady a cup of tea every morning. Not recommended though if you wife doesn't drink tea!

Congratulations GDCast and everyone else in a happy relationship.

I don't know KOTA, I wouldn't throw the towel in just yet. Let's give him a chance here....I would think he'll come up for air at some point and then his ears will start to burn from all the talk :roll: Yeah I'm not giving up on Gdcast yet.

Graylock

It's going on 15 years for me. We got married on a Saturday so I could go to the Jets game with my tailgating pals on Sunday.
Went on our honeymoon on Monday.

I dislocated my shoulder day two of the honeymoon and she had to drive home because I couldn't shift the car.

Spokeshave said:
It's going on 15 years for me. We got married on a Saturday so I could go to the Jets game with my tailgating pals on Sunday.
Went on our honeymoon on Monday.

I dislocated my shoulder day two of the honeymoon and she had to drive home because I couldn't shift the car.
Care to elaborate on this? :)

Read on Uruguay Craigslist: Will trade Rat Rod bicycles for high heels, earings or gift certificates to a Spa.

Back