HiaWhatThe? might have to call her done,not sure yet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HiaWhatThe? update-light ,guard & tank back on

Took it for its maiden voyage today just to see if the rear hub was gonna ride ok (it felt odd on the stand).All went well ,it rode great.
Was finally able to get an nice outdoor pic in natural light .Never had so many kids run up and tell me what a cool bike I had.

hiawathaoutdoors002.jpg

Re: HiaWhatThe? update-test ride & outdoor pic

Love this build...top to bottom...front to back. Super sweet ride. Well done. The neigborhood kids are right.

By far, my favorite bike in the build off! :D Really shines in the sun :wink:

Does that mean your done? :shock:

Re: HiaWhatThe? update-test ride,outdoor pic,exhaust pipe lights

What a beauty!!!

Xcruiser said:
I WILL light up my exhaust pipes,,,oh yes I will!!!!!!!!!!

on there way,3aa battery powered mini LED's
BdJOOtmkKGrHqUH-DEErQMhy7dBK3kiB2uw.jpg

Great idea, I've always liked doing that. And now, it gives me a way to yoink it.
I've got 2 perfect bologna cuts at the end of my forks. I just realised today that the ends weren't plugged. An LED in each one shining down into a chromed wheel? That should be a real lite show! Thanks. :D

This is turning out to be a great build, I like where you're going with it.

The bike is gorgeous! Excellent workmanship!

I'm curious: Can you, or anyone else here tell me how raw steep with clear coat hold up over time? And, if there is a clear that hold up better than others, and doesn't yellow?

KingGhidorah said:

I'm curious: Can you, or anyone else here tell me how raw steep with clear coat hold up over time? And, if there is a clear that hold up better than others, and doesn't yellow?
Im really not sure,I used Krylon who claims on the can not to yellow,but we all know how that goes.

Xcruiser said:
KingGhidorah said:

Im really not sure,I used Krylon who claims on the can not to yellow,but we all know how that goes.
I usually polish it because the rougher the surface the more penetrable it is to rust. Then rub it down with a penitrating chemical (PB blaster or slick 50.....Or just keep it waxed. 2 coats of car wax goes a long time.) to keep the water entering to create rust. My 000.02 cents..
Awsome Build! Buy the way!

OK Kingfish - who gets credit for the lights idea? I'd hate to have to take you out back and womp on ya! I just saw a build the other day w/ a wire cage over the head light I told him straight I was going to steal that idea! Robert

imagearchy said:
Xcruiser said:
KingGhidorah said:

I usually polish it because the rougher the surface the more penetrable it is to rust. Then rub it down with a penitrating chemical (PB blaster or slick 50.....Or just keep it waxed. 2 coats of car wax goes a long time.) to keep the water entering to create rust. My 000.02 cents..
Awsome Build! Buy the way!

Wax is an interesting idea for sure. I doubt I'd of came up with that one, but it makes sense.

Do you think products used for billet, brass, and tarnish would be effective as well? I'm just thinking something designed to remove, or inhibit oxidation might be equally effective without an oily residue? We have tons of Stainless polish, which is oily like penetrating fluid, and definitely leaves residue. Our issue is that there would only be partially exposed areas of bare metal surrounded by painted areas, which brings us back more towards clear coat, but still want to explore the options for future application.

Wow.....this is one of my early favorites. Super nice job.

Got some interesting stuff in a bucket today,might see if I can sneak some turn signals into the build.Gotta figure out how to do it without making it gaudie.The small set has promise.
findsmay2012005.jpg

Re: HiaWhatThe? update-to signal or not to signal

I have a set of those turn signals too, and just haven't had the right build for them yet.
Maybe if you split them in half in a cool way, you could make them work.

Re: HiaWhatThe? update-to signal or not to signal

Turn signals might look cool tucked under the seat...sort of hidden to discover...
I put a small tin of 'Smooth On' Cement under the seat of the Smooth Criminal...

SmoothCriminalON.jpg

My two cents...bike still looks awesome with or without signals.

Latest posts

Back