Headlight and Tail Light Gallery - Post Pics Here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No pic at the moment want to know if anyone has an ideal bout removing the forks from your bike remove the lower race to try to install a light bracket (the kind that you put on the fork tube under the lock washer and lock nut of a pair of forks) to install your light in the center of the fork . I've seen forks that have the light mount already molded into the fork so that's what im asking . Has anyone tried to do this.

I popped on a vintage style deluxe headlight on the Tortoise [build thread] my '69 Otasco, by removing the front fender and flipping the bike, and screwing it directly into the hole port for the fender., the tire glides less than an inch below it but it looks wicked cool..when its on there and not being used as a substitute on the Columbia until I pull my head from the dark and figure out the copper one. You should be able to just remove the front fender and place the bracket for the header right where it was mounted, maybe with enough clearance to get the fender back on afterward.

No pic at the moment want to know if anyone has an ideal bout removing the forks from your bike remove the lower race to try to install a light bracket (the kind that you put on the fork tube under the lock washer and lock nut of a pair of forks) to install your light in the center of the fork . I've seen forks that have the light mount already molded into the fork so that's what im asking . Has anyone tried to do this.

I think what you're describing should work well, and sounds like a good idea. You may just have to file the bracket hole a little bit larger, since where the bearing race seats is a hair larger than the 1" steer tube.

Use a 9v lamp with a 12v battery :p

Okay, seriously though... grab two D batteries and see what they bring together, if its good enough,. fashion or work with an aluminum or steel tube and fashion it as a battery pack/holder.

I dont know that much about batteries.. try two Nines then, and wrap with some tape to get that tube shape from them, so there wont be rock or rattle in the holder you use for them.

I'm no 'lecticin... I'm thinking it has to do with more than just volts... Amperage is it? I tried 8 AAAs (1.5v x 8=12v) and it was better, but not what I'd hoped.

You might have to downsize the number of LED's.. but its one or the other.., lamp or battery., Honestly I'd go back and read a few of the prior pages and see what others used in relation to voltage.. Im not Lectician either :p

I was being as honest and helpful as possible, no need for a diminishing tone... Its rude and disrespectful.
No diminishing or rudeness intended when it comes to LED lights on wrong wiring job and the facts sound like He is chasing his tail to get it to work I'm just stating I can get it to do just what it's suppose to do I am a low voltage technician tho is what I do for a living I too am here to help. Didn't mean to upset you.

I jumped the gun a little, and Im sorry for that., Im not an electrician, or know a great deal about lights., but It was in its own helpful information to begin with.

I jumped the gun a little, and Im sorry for that., Im not an electrician, or know a great deal about lights., but It was in its own helpful information to begin with.
Believe me I understand but I too jump up n shout if I know what I know it's that it's to a error that time n money can hurt when your trying to build / make a situation work Been there done that

Back