Headlight and Tail Light Gallery - Post Pics Here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this old tractor headlight at a swap meet for $5 and made a headlight bracket out of an old 1/2" wrench. I rewired it to run off the generator rubbing on the back tire. Not as creative as some of the other lights here but it just looks "right".
DSC_0383bsmall.jpg

I found this old tractor headlight at a swap meet for $5 and made a headlight bracket out of an old 1/2" wrench. I rewired it to run off the generator rubbing on the back tire. Not as creative as some of the other lights here but it just looks "right".
View attachment 5845
Looks good!

Luke.

Yuo are definitely NOT going to be ignored with that kind of lightpower!!
Haha , i blind people when iam facing them , its not much to be noticed , i have some nice cycle path neer the lake , but no lighting there , so this is to clearly see everything in front and around ;)

And here is what I´m thinking of using as rear light...
IMG_08681_zpsdd03bb54.jpg

Can anyone identify this blinker?
Would be nice to know where it comes from...
Vintage Volkswagen semaphore turn signal. Could be worth some bucks. Ya might want to check it before ya butcher it.

Last edited:
I'm from Belgium, I'm not that handy boy ... my first bikeproject.. trying to make a taillight from an early beetle turnlight.
Hardware s good enough for me... now need to make it work and put some leds in it.

Belgian greetings

Welcome to RRB! That is some nice clean fit and finish work on that beetle light.
Can you send over some beer, mussels, frittes, and chocolate?

Welcome to RRB! That is some nice clean fit and finish work on that beetle light.
Can you send over some beer, mussels, frittes, and chocolate?

Bwa, i dont have the tools for perfect handling and perfect finish, it isnt 100% symmetric but so what... I like it and its my idea... coming up whit an idea, trying to work it out and having some things that are not for sale in every shop is why I like this and perhaps the feeling we all like up here... so up to the leds and make it work.

I suppose you would be happy with some bottles of Duvel, a large bag of fries and a box of Belgian pralines!!! Well that's about my diner yesterday evening!!!

grtz

Some great looking work here. I have never tried engineering lights.Looks like something I need to do. I have parts all over the place that would work well . The VW Beetle light is very cool. I have an old Karman Ghia(spelling?) taillight that looks like it will work good.

You guys inspired me on this thread. I realized I haven't made a tail light and only modified a motorcycle headlight to work on a bike.

So I went to Lowe's and through my parts bin. I wanted to mimic a classic car tail light. I wanted elegant and edgey. I bought a shower knob. That is a shower knob. The second I saw it I knew it would look great as a light. I used a cheap ebay $2 LED bike light. I dug through my parts bin and found the end of a skull handle bar grip. Although the shower knob came with three end caps I went with the red eyed skull from the grip. It was a fun project and only cost me $12.00.
68ae50dad76d2e160fe7f87a8cc7ef88.jpg
a94a8b3fe54c033fce49aa1d6f455001.jpg

It gives me both solid and strobe modes. It took two hours to make the first one. I will knock a few more out for other bikes. In all likelihood those will take about 15 minutes each now that I know what to do.

- by Gigmata

Is that a HOT or COLD water knob? :cool:
Super idea and nice execution!:113:

Some great looking work here. I have never tried engineering lights.Looks like something I need to do. I have parts all over the place that would work well . The VW Beetle light is very cool. I have an old Karman Ghia(spelling?) taillight that looks like it will work good.
Hey, thanks for liking it.
Had some time today to finish the leds and make it work.

These should do the work...

Inside of fender...

The wiring inside the fender...

Used part of the front fender to install batteryholder and switch...

So without leds...

And with the leds on...

And this is how it looks on the bike...

So... not the best, not the perfect but my own... so good feeling and up to the next ting to do...

Belgian greetings

That turned out nice,those LEDs do the trick. I like your idea for the battery/switch,very clean way to hide the battery.

Back