Greetings from Westminster, CAli

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own/ride a 1961 Schwinn "American" beach cruiser #K121009, born Thursday, October 5th, 1961 in Chicago, IL U.S.A. Everything is OG except the wheels, tires, spring fork and handlebars. Originally this cruiser rocked S-7 rims/wheels. The previous owner slapped on some S-2's.
FYI, this 61' was a present to myself. I took her home 12/30/09 from some kQQL hot rodder in San Clemente. He copped it from some old lady that bought a couple cruiser's (his & hers, ha, mine was the one she left outside lol) new in 1962 in Anaheim, CAli. Hence I have this cruiser today!

Update: 1960's Schwinn handlebars (also for fun im rocking ape's right now), S-7 wheels & tires, 1950/1951 Chicago Schwinn spring fork (re-threaded & cut), 1930's (curvy s) seat post w/ seat all the way down & further back

Future: 26" Jerald slick (rear), S-7 whitewall (front), Brooks saddle, strip springer, pick some more projects!

I will post up pics soon!

~keep it grimey

Welcome to the site. Fairly new myself. I just moved out of Garden Grove this past summer. Used to cruise HB. I was in OC for New Years with family & friends. I'm jealous of the SoCal weather! I'll be back someday.

Back