Godzilla

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, last photo for a while, it is comming apart now that I basically have an idea how to go about this build.
Scott 8)
P1010550.jpg

Ok, now I cant decide :mrgreen: let me know what you think.
Scott 8)
multi.jpg

camo.jpg
fire.jpg
redyellow.jpg

37fleetwood said:
Ok, now I cant decide :mrgreen: let me know what you think.
Scott 8)
multi.jpg

camo.jpg
fire.jpg
redyellow.jpg
Nooo! don't do it! I'm all for being different, but these things are horrible looking. I guess it's your bike though. :|

Oh yeah, do it! GREEN.

In less than 5 minutes Godzilla is now green!
P1010594.jpg

I painted over the rust!
P1010597.jpg

I painted over the old paint!
Godzilla is no pampered painted powdered trailer queen!
P1010596.jpg

I even painted the spider webs!!!
P1010595.jpg

Godzilla is all Rat Rod, there is no Hot Rod here!!
I see your painted beauties! I see your pretty paint jobs! I see your new tires!
I have not spent one penny on Godzilla!
Born of the atomic age, Born out of the sea, Godzilla will be reborn in the Desert of Southern California!
Mean, Hardened, Ready for anything! Godzilla will Smash all your pretty attempts in this build off!
Tempt fate if you dare!
Just remember one thing!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Have a nice day if you can :mrgreen:
Scott 8)

gaskill said:
giving a bike a bad paint job doesnt make it a rat rod it just makes you a bad painter.

Perhaps, but we'll see. after all I painted this one and it didn't come out too bad. :mrgreen:
P1010076.jpg

P1010077.jpg

Scott 8)

that bike looks great and i'm sure this one you are working on will look as equal or better. im commenting on the idea that people deliberately painting their bikes horribly or throwing on flat black and calling it "rat rod". The idea of "rat rodding" which is a term i dont like to use, is the idea of working on the cheap but making a hot rod. It doesnt excuse the lack of patience or craftsmanship you see in most of these ratted out cars and bikes. original rodders were very skilled in creating unique and fast cars. now it seems to be just about that look. Without the rust, soul, and craftsmanship, you are left with flat black paint and redundant red wheels. I can't wait to see what you do with this bike, i love the color. I hope you understand the point i'm making.

I agree completely this is why I jokingly wrote the little comming attraction trailer this morning. however too many look a bit too polished. I wanted the bike green and didn't have any paint on the bike so I decided to make a patina'd green. I painted over the crap existing on the bike so I'd have some patina left when i was done. after painting I simply went over the whole thing with 500 grit wet sand paper and voila! instant patina as the rust and old paint started showing up again. sadly I lost the spider web in the sanding process. :mrgreen:
(Side note: Paint dries fast when it's 110° out
shok_yikes.gif
)
sadly Idon't know if I can capture the actual flavor of it but I'll try here is a blurry closeup of the top tube for reference.
P1010599.jpg

and a sneak preview! (it's not quite done yet but were zeroing in on tokyo!)
P1010598.jpg

Scott 8)

And then just as it looked that Godzilla was unstoppable, a deadly Typhoon appeared on the radar. :shock:
old_radar.png

Dont fret too much over that paint. It'll be gone when Typhoon Mary and I goes blistering by on our way to the podium to grab the statue and kiss the girl! :lol:

Back