Gitane Boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, it's me again heh. I was planning on finishing my lowrider before my two month trip, but I instead chose to build an old frame I had for my girlfriend.

sOY8ByY.jpg

Here's what we are working with. This bike was given to me by my highschool french teacher, and as you can see I already stole some parts off of it. I really like these women's racing frames. I want to give it a boardtracker vibe, while keeping the whole city bike handling/feeling.

WZU89Jf.jpg

A garage shot before taking it down. Made some calculations for spoke lengths.

FoDm5me.jpg

Parts I collected for the build. We have a classic clb wing chainguard, drum brake hubs and spokes, and an old motobec' handlebar that will hopefully look good once installed upside down.

aIldYH9.jpg

Here's a very crude drawing of what 'im planning. The original forks have a very high offset wich will be perfect for what I want to do.

3u6g37Y.jpg

Bike taken down, won't paint it until I'm set on the forks.

mcYfxtH.jpg

Writing down some measurements.

vmSA3gC.jpg

And here's the 1:1 scale drawing of the girder fork. I used the original forks rake/trail and the spring will come off an old mountain bike.

If anyone has built their own Girders around here, any help is appreciated!

Back