Genesis Onyx 29" Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another option is schrader valve extensions, I've seen em at a lot of bikes shops for pretty cheap. Through my research I found that Bontrager and Continental had extended length valve stems on their 29er tubes, 48mm like so_cal jack mentioned that work well with those wheel sets. Happy hunting!

One of these just popped up on CL. He is asking $125, but I told him they sell at WM for $149 and offered him $75.

I'm not sure where they are at with it but Kent was saying something about releasing a 7 speed version of this bike in the next few months so if you guys plan on riding some hills and want this big bike, it might be worth waiting for :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
One of these just popped up on CL. He is asking $125, but I told him they sell at WM for $149 and offered him $75.

I wish bikes moved on Craigslist around here. :(

Gimme gimme gimme!

Another one of these just popped up on our CL. He is asking $75 and I am going to pick it up for $65. I don't need it at all, but it looks like it would be fun to play with. I want to see what older frames the tires will fit on. Apes sound cool too.

kingfish254 said:
Another one of these just popped up on our CL. He is asking $75 and I am going to pick it up for $65. I don't need it at all, but it looks like it would be fun to play with. I want to see what older frames the tires will fit on. Apes sound cool too.

Oh yeah, well here's everything that our CL has offered in the last 2 days:

16" Boys Huffy Bike - $25 (Greenville/Washington) pic
Girls 16" Bike - $25 (Greenville/Washington) pic
20" Huffy Bike - $50 (Greenville/Washington) pic
Stunt Bike - $50 (Greenville/Washington) pic
Janis Mens Mountain Bike - $150 (Pikeville,NC) pic
NEXT Womens Cruiser Bike - $80 (Pikeville,NC) pic
REEBOK SPIN BICYCLES - $100 (SOUTHERN PINES GOLD'S GYM) pic
Haro BMX Bike - $120 (Winterville) pic

Jealous? :oops:

Just picked the Onyx up. Cool story too. I will post in Fresh Finds.
onyx.jpg

Also, I am picking this up for $100 one hour away on Friday night.
schwinnsssport.jpg

Just wondering...has anyone thought about cleaning off the paint and polishing up the alloy frame?

Bigcam59 said:
Just wondering...has anyone thought about cleaning off the paint and polishing up the alloy frame?

aluminum framed. Looks pretty nice when stripped of paint. The forks are plain steel though so I painted mine a red metalflake. (frame and forks)

schertztx said:
Bigcam59 said:

aluminum framed. Looks pretty nice when stripped of paint. The forks are plain steel though so I painted mine a red metalflake. (frame and forks)

You can't just say that and walk away. Let's see a photo!!

kingfish254 said:
schertztx said:
Bigcam59 said:

It's not finished yet, LOTS of paintwork on it. I am hoping to clear coat this weekend though. 8) I will post some pictures when it is done.

I had another look at one yesterday. Plenty tall enough, that's for sure. It did seem a bit short length wise, but that could be cause I'm used to riding my stretch around. 8)
PS Can't wait for the pictures...

When I get this old Elgin Motorbike (which originally had 28 wheels), I plan to try out the Onyx wheels on it.

EE1.jpg

kingfish254 said:
schertztx said:
Bigcam59 said:

Finally got it assembled mostly, still got a little to do with it.
IMG_3310-1.jpg

IMG_3312-1.jpg

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3317.jpg

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

Dude, I have never seen a Lone Star (or an ONYX) look so good!

kingfish254 said:
Dude, I have never seen a Lone Star (or an ONYX) look so good!

Thanks. we can't get sweetwater or terrapin here so lone star is the standby. Of course New Belgium makes some nice brews also and many are among my favorites :D

kingfish254 said:
When I get this old Elgin Motorbike (which originally had 28 wheels), I plan to try out the Onyx wheels on it.

EE1.jpg

I tried to put the 29" wheels from the ONYX 29er on this bike. The wheels fit but the tires are too wide. :cry: :cry:

Latest posts

Back