Gamer's corner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Who else is into playing video games? What are your favorites? I am counting down the days till Grand Theft Auto 5 comes out.

Not much gaming here, but I have the original PS2 and PS2 slim. GTA San Andreas was game :mrgreen:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Not much gaming here, but I have the original PS2 and PS2 slim. GTA San Andreas was game :mrgreen:

I still have my PS2 slim. I loved San Andreas, In my opinion it was better than 4! 4 has MUCH better graphics and smoother more realistic action (Being on PS3 as opposed to PS2 I'd expect it to) but they took away all the goodies, forklifts don't work, no mod shops, semis can't tow trailers, no tow trucks unless you get the Lost & D... expansion...and even then they don't work, No NOS on the cars, No hydraulics on cars, No garages just a 2 car curb parking place in front of each safe house, no buying property or getting businesses, No Tattoo or barber shops... (Does have cloths shops though), No usable planes just helicopters, No flame thrower, no bicycles, map is slightly smaller and almost ALL city no good spots for off roading, the list goes on...

GTA 5 is supposed to have all the stuff from San Andreas back as well as some new stuff. I think they took it all away just so they could release another game. :roll:

outskirtscustoms said:
Who else is into playing video games? What are your favorites? I am counting down the days till Grand Theft Auto 5 comes out.

I've got mine pre ordered. Captain_tbomb on psn.

Sweet, I'll have to look you up when I get online again (Switched from AT&T to comcast and lost WiFi so I have to get equipment now :cry: Or figure out my neighbor's password... :lol: )

Oh if you haven't seen it yet here's a little sneek peek of thigs to come:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmHQFTMef70

Car mod shops are back!
NEW weapon customization!
NEW Hunting!
Submarine!
Scuba diving missions with sunken boats exc.
Bicycles are back
Map is supposed to be 5 times bigger than San Andreas, Vice city, AND red dead redemption COMBINED!!!
3 playable characters
Tow trucks are back
Much more customizable planning in the heist missions
Destructible environment!
MINIGUN & FLAME THROWER are back!
Cars will now require re-fueling! which adds realism but might be a pain if you're in the middle or a high speed pursuit (I'm sure there will be an infinite fuel cheat)
MUCH more!

You'll scream like a little girl at least once by the end of the video... :oops:

I don't play games that much anymore but every once & awhile I will take out my old NES.

Mario. Ghostbusters 2 game. Tetris. Knight Rider game and a few others but one I remember that I don't have right now was the Cyber Stadium Series Base Wars game that was real cool as cyborgs plying baseball.

I love the GTA games but I don't have any modern systems other than an old PS2.

kngtmat said:
I don't play games that much anymore but every once & awhile I will take out my old NES.

Mario. Ghostbusters 2 game. Tetris. Knight Rider game and a few others but one I remember that I don't have right now was the Cyber Stadium Series Base Wars game that was real cool as cyborgs plying baseball.

I love the GTA games but I don't have any modern systems other than an old PS2.

Cool, those are classics. I have a PS2 (Sister gave it to me after helping her move) and PS3 (Only because I did really well on a bike flip and found one cheap at the pawn shop) I will tell you a PS3 is well worth the investment the graphics are AWESOME and there are so many games on it I absolutely love like GTA 4, Gran Turismo 5, soon GTA 5, Red dead redemption, I used to like the "Driver" series but now that GTA became mainstream it seems like a cheaper knock off. Also loved the old mario kart and Crash Bandicoot games for Nintendo.

I tell you we've come a LONG way in video games even within my lifetime from Pong on the Atari to GTA on PS3. I can't begin to think where we will be in another 28 years.

outskirtscustoms said:
Sweet, I'll have to look you up when I get online again (Switched from AT&T to comcast and lost WiFi so I have to get equipment now :cry: Or figure out my neighbor's password... :lol: )

Oh if you haven't seen it yet here's a little sneek peek of thigs to come:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmHQFTMef70

Car mod shops are back!
NEW weapon customization!
NEW Hunting!
Submarine!
Scuba diving missions with sunken boats exc.
Bicycles are back
Map is supposed to be 5 times bigger than San Andreas, Vice city, AND red dead redemption COMBINED!!!
3 playable characters
Tow trucks are back
Much more customizable planning in the heist missions
Destructible environment!
MINIGUN & FLAME THROWER are back!
Cars will now require re-fueling! which adds realism but might be a pain if you're in the middle or a high speed pursuit (I'm sure there will be an infinite fuel cheat)
MUCH more!

You'll scream like a little girl at least once by the end of the video... :oops:
I really can't wait. Plus online is supposed to be more entertaining like an avatar game.

kngtmat said:
Cool. I can't afford newer systems and games in fact I can barely afford to fix bikes I have :lol: .
Well the PS4 comes out in November so that should drive the PS3 prices down. Keep an eye open at pawn shops and Gamestop, they normally have used systems that are cheaper. I got my 320GB PS3 for $175 and a cheap nail gun but that was a while back.

HxCforever said:
I really can't wait. Plus online is supposed to be more entertaining like an avatar game.

Me too, My fiance pre-ordered GTA5 for me for my birthday (Aug. 17) I tried to tell her no but she insisted (I think she wants it too)

She's a keeper for sure :mrgreen:

I play and for lack of a better word collect original Nintendo. I also have a little bit of Super Nintendo and N64 due to a few liked titles and I have a hard time passing up games if I find them under $3. My favorite game is Legend of Zelda the first one. I still have my Deluxe Nintendo Entertainment System in its box I got on Christmas in 1986. It has lost some things that I am slowly replacing mostly paperwork now. I don't do much E-Bay so finding the paperwork has been a bit difficult.

I also dig the Nintendo handhelds and recently started picking up Sega GameGear stuff.

LungTube said:
I play and for lack of a better word collect original Nintendo. I also have a little bit of Super Nintendo and N64 due to a few liked titles and I have a hard time passing up games if I find them under $3. My favorite game is Legend of Zelda the first one. I still have my Deluxe Nintendo Entertainment System in its box I got on Christmas in 1986. It has lost some things that I am slowly replacing mostly paperwork now. I don't do much E-Bay so finding the paperwork has been a bit difficult.

I also dig the Nintendo handhelds and recently started picking up Sega GameGear stuff.

Oh man I almost forgot about Zelda, also the original Final Fantasy. I actually beat the game on that one which before memory cards and saving the game meant you had to leave the console on around the clock and / or stay up. My original Nintendo actually started smoking and caught fire about 3/4 of the way through Final Fantasy!!! It still played for about 5 minutes with flames shooting out of it. And the games were durable as a Sherman tank... now days if you look at the disk wrong it won't play. :roll:

Does anyone remember the Sega Genesis WWF Raw game? I used to like playing it and I chose Doink the clown because he had an electric hand buzzer to shock people and says "Put er there pal." or whatever because I could barely stop laughing when ever I used it.

kngtmat said:
Does anyone remember the Sega Genesis WWF Raw game? I used to like playing it and I chose Doink the clown because he had an electric hand buzzer to shock people and says "Put er there pal." or whatever because I could barely stop laughing when ever I used it.
That game was ...... I was always ultimate warrior.

Best buy pre order 12:01. I wanted to ride my bike here to kill some time. I ended up mashing here in 5 minutes full of antisipation SMH.

WOW! I can honestly say GTA5 is the best thing to come to PS3 since.... EVER! Graphics are amazing, characters are cool, the aiming system is a little fidgety but I'm still getting used to it, the cars handle much better, the cops are actually more aggressive and skilled, and having 3 characters to switch back and forth between is SWEET!

Back