Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd) - 3/15 TRADED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-5/11 LeatherBars+Seat+Crazy 8s

Machine Age Victim said:
Love the 8-balls in the chainring, I'm sure there's plenty of places to cut them in half and throw them on. Is this your place? Nicely done if so!

I'm liking the crazy 8s chainring too, but I'm not planning on covering my bike with 8's :mrgreen:

The backdrop for these photos is QueenFish's courtyard. This is her baby and she hates it when I mess it up with bicycle photos. :mrgreen:
She's had it on multiple tours, in magazines, in the newspaper, and even had a few artists ask to paint it as their subject. I will pass on all of the compliments. It is a great place to sit back and relax and not even realize that you are in the middle of downtown Savannah.

Here is the painting that we have hanging in our hallway. You can see the koi pond on the left and the doors to my shop on the first floor of our 1873 Carriage House.

I'm likin' your build! The parts you chose look cool together
Nice Garden (with or without a bike :lol: )

Both light ideas look great,the red one makes it more classic,but I'm likin the skull with the horns n torpedo grips...Wicked...

I hate to give advice, but if I had a set of bars like that I would consider a bolt in bar in the front between the curls and mount three lights, one large head, and 2 smaller running lights to either side like a Harleys running lights.

I really love this bike, I'm just not feeling either of your headlight options.

Good luck, Rg

raggedjim said:
I hate to give advice, but if I had a set of bars like that I would consider a bolt in bar in the front between the curls and mount three lights, one large head, and 2 smaller running lights to either side like a Harleys running lights.

I really love this bike, I'm just not feeling either of your headlight options.

Good luck, Rg

I am always open to any and all suggestions!!!
I don't know if I am completely following your idea though. Do you mean a bar that runs between the two curls? That seams like it would disctract from the flow of the curl? I don't think I am reading your idea right.

It does get me thinking though and another lighting idea popped in my head.

MplsCoaster said:
I'm likin' your build! The parts you chose look cool together
Nice Garden (with or without a bike :lol: )

carrotsnax said:
Looking good! :D

Funkme said:
Both light ideas look great,the red one makes it more classic,but I'm likin the skull with the horns n torpedo grips...Wicked...

Thanks All. I like the skull too, but I need to work on the idea.

Another idea that popped into my head after ragged suggestion was possibly mounting two of these Delta lights on the bottom of the ramshorn curl. Just an idea. I have no clue if they would work well with the build or not.

5Deltas1_zps5fe69926.jpg

Oh no, I am going to be in trouble when QueenFish sees that painting. :mrgreen:

CMAN, those are pretty cheap, but there is still no way I am wearing those!! Something tells me that Yoots has already ordered a set though. :mrgreen: :p

raggedjim said:
Pardon my Paint skills, but something like this???

Just a thought, and you may be right, it may take away from the rams horns...

HMMMMMMMM, I'll have to sleep on that one and break out some ductape to mock it. Hard to say without actually mocking it up.

kingfish254 said:
CMAN, those are pretty cheap, but there is still no way I am wearing those!! Something tells me that Yoots has already ordered a set though. :mrgreen: :p

I would definitely wear a pair of those, but I'm out of money. Need to sell something, I need about $50 for build-off parts from porkchopbmx.com

Long day at the office, but I couldn't help trying the Elgin skirt guards on that came in the mail today.

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-5/13 Elgin Skirt Guards

Yeah, I like these the best. They seem to fit better too. I still need to do some work to straighten them out but I like them.

Back