FINAL RRB NAME/LICENSE PLATE DESIGN (ORDER TODAY!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FINAL RRB NAME/LICENSE PLATE DESIGN - CRUD!!!

spinman said:
More importantly, I noticed that your fingernails are a little too well groomed for a bike wrencher. :?

Must have been a hand model :mrgreen: I mean , he is the master of detailing and I know what it does to my hands. It's the only explanation :lol: :lol:

I need to wait and see what they say tomorrow. I may have to end up sending them back if they do decide to play nice.

Or...I may have some really expensive membership cards. :lol:

Heh...

See, If i got one, i would use double sided tape to raise it up, make it look thicker...like i did on this worksman guard.
IMG_2584.jpg

sorry to hear about that but as they say....'when life hands you lemons'
think of all the noise theyll make as spoke rumblers (or you could always go the fixie route and weave them in between your spokes):mrgreen:

sensor said:
sorry to hear about that but as they say....'when life hands you lemons'
think of all the noise theyll make as spoke rumblers (or you could always go the fixie route and weave them in between your spokes):mrgreen:
I don't think they are thick enough for spoke rumblers..... :lol:

steve i had an idea. have you thought about trying a company that makes dash plaques for car shows? they are much thicker. but if you already got them well see what can be done

karfer67 said:
steve i had an idea. have you thought about trying a company that makes dash plaques for car shows? they are much thicker. but if you already got them well see what can be done

That is actually plan B if this company refuses to help a brotha out.

I found a company that does dash plaques that also does rounded corners.

Here at work we have "plaque printers" that print identification plaques on metal "labels", that get stuck on product.
Looks like that's what you got. It's a special printer, but basically a label printer. I don't know about the "stamped" part.

if nothing can be done, why not just give em a visible (from the front) backing.

ie wood,blued steel,brass etc etc.
like a mat or frame.
i'm sure you could find something to use on the cheap.

icyuod2 said:
if nothing can be done, why not just give em a visible (from the front) backing.

ie wood,blued steel,brass etc etc.
like a mat or frame.
i'm sure you could find something to use on the cheap.

:idea: I have a few Acrylic baseball card frames that would be PERFECT for that. :idea:

i have a feeling that the thicker ones are going to be more expensive, if they offer thicker ones.

From the looks of the picture i think a quality business card is thicker than that.

Hopefully they work something out with you.

Just got off the phone with them...it wasn't pretty. :?

After a long drawn out discussion with their customer service rep. I had to ask for a manger. She put me on hold and then came back and said that she has submitted it to their customer service dept. and they would have to open a case on it and investigate what happened. Supposedly they are going to call me back tomorrow to discuss the details.

Their website is very deceiving. They have the word "name plates" in the title and the section that I clicked on to get a quote was the "equipment name plate" section. I was planning to order online, but then I got to a place where it listed black in printed over white. I didn't want white I wanted brushed aluminum so I decided to call in the order instead. After a few minutes of trying to explain to the guy what I was trying to accomplish he said...oh, you're talking about an equipment name plate. I thought....yeah, that's exactly what I am wanting. Apparently we have a different definition of what a name plate is. What I actually got were embossible aluminum labels. The customer service rep I spoke to today made the comment that it's up to me to have the specs on the thickness that I wanted. I told her that I had told the guy I was wanting them to use as bicycle license plates and we were going to stamp letters into them with a metal stamping kit.

So...we'll see what happens tomorrow...I'm not getting my hopes up. :(

I hope you didn't order 100 of them :|

If they don't work with you and you end up getting stuck with them I would still be willing to buy one at the original price. Ill make it work somehow. I think that RRB has given me way more then 10 bucks worth of advice, leeds, friends, contacts, fun, wallpapers, etc. all for free. I hope others will join in so that you don't take a hit. :D

highship said:
If they don't work with you and you end up getting stuck with them I would still be willing to buy one at the original price. Ill make it work somehow. I think that RRB has given me way more then 10 bucks worth of advice, leeds, friends, contacts, fun, wallpapers, etc. all for free. I hope others will join in so that you don't take a hit. :D

What he said.

Hope you get everything worked out okay. I hate customer service who signs up for that job? You don't have a good day. It's like emptying port a potties you're just gonna catch crap all day long. When I get some money I'll buy one too.

those are like the ones they use at one of the data centers here, they have a hand stamp (looks like an old Dymo labeler with the wheel) to imprint them with.... :roll:

Latest posts

Back