Felt cruiser seatpost size?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can slide a 1 inch post down it, then it's 27.2 and I know felt changed how there frames were welded, but I don't think they changed the much else. If you have the stock post, pull it out and it should be marked. Now, if you want a realy cool post go to the for sale section and have the guy that bends heavy duty ones. I had one made and love it!

Does anybody know the Bottom Bracket size/threading? Is the headset 1-1/8"? I'm guessing Felt's steel frames have different specs from the aluminum ones, based on Tater's seatpost information. I'm also trying to figure out the rear dropout's "O.L.D." width. Will it take a 135mm internally geared hub?

I am trying to find a "cruiser" frame that will work with all these "standard MTB" sized components I have all over the place. Kind of like that Trek Sawyer thing, but less expensive.

The bottom brackets on Felt cruisers are the Old School US specification (56.5 O.D. x 51.5 I.D. x 68mm Width) like the BBs on BMX and typical cruisers. The head tubes are 1-1/8" on both the steel and the aluminum frame models. The OLD spacing on the rear triangle is 125mm on both style frames. Be sure to post some pics of you creation when you get it together. 8)

Tater said:
The bottom brackets on Felt cruisers are the Old School US specification (56.5 O.D. x 51.5 I.D. x 68mm Width) like the BBs on BMX and typical cruisers. The head tubes are 1-1/8" on both the steel and the aluminum frame models. The OLD spacing on the rear triangle is 125mm on both style frames. Be sure to post some pics of you creation when you get it together. 8)

125. Ha. I'd seen 124 quoted, too. Either way, what could they have possibly been thinking?

Felt likely went with that dimension because it's between the 122mm OLD of their hub with the standard cog (Quick Brick) and the 128mm OLD of the hub with the offset cog (Thick Brick). Mounting a wheel with the smaller hub is easy peazy, while mounting a wide hub wheel is typically a finger-pinching endeavor.

It sure seems as if Felt could have kept it simple and made all the hubs wide and the rear dropouts loose enough to easily load the wheel. :roll:

Back