Felt - Boss Chief

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just made some changes to the Chief and I thought I would share with you guys.

The photos below are all the different stages of evolution of the "Boss Chief"

This is the way it looked when I bought it from Craigslist.
IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

You have taken a great bike and made it totally awesome........that is one rad ride.

HotRodRob said:
Awesome bike and nice touches. Is that a 1/2 inch drive ratchet as your shifter handle and a Pontiac hood ornament for the knob? Very cool!

You're 100% right! about the shifter. It was a broken ratchet that has been in my tool box for years. Saved it because I thought I could make something cool out of it.

All stages of that bike are awesome, but I think I like the second set of tires with the maroon rims the best. The ratchet Indian shifter is a masterpiece

they look like electra fattio tires. that is the coolest looking chief i have ever seen

S J Wilmer said:
Love this cycle , Id like to get a pair of those Felt rims like you have in the first shots , Aussie Felt dealers carry NO Felt rims , sometimes I really dont like living in Aus , are the red rims with the Fatty's from Choppers U.S ?

No they are Rigida DH 80 Rims. I think the ones from Choppers U.S. are identical though.

GTCOMA said:
All stages of that bike are awesome, but I think I like the second set of tires with the maroon rims the best. The ratchet Indian shifter is a masterpiece
I agree with Greg on the maroon rims. WOW!!!!!! That bike is awesome!!! I love those super fat tires

rusty513 said:
GTCOMA said:
I agree with Greg on the maroon rims. WOW!!!!!! That bike is awesome!!! I love those super fat tires
and i have to agree with these gentlemen about that second maroon look! 8) the forks,bars and big headlight totally transform the whole look. really great work! :D

Originally I was going to have the rims powder coated maroon. I ended up going with Red because I had never seen a chief with red rims. Plus when in direct sun light the frame highlights are Red on all the curves. I think the color combo is cool 8)

texasbigjon said:
rusty513 said:
GTCOMA said:
and i have to agree with these gentlemen about that second maroon look! 8) the forks,bars and big headlight totally transform the whole look. really great work! :D

I totally agree this look is awesome!
IMG_1119.jpg

Back