Felt Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice score. You have one of the first forty Hotwheels 68 bikes produced. They are the only ones that have the three-color special edition tag. Did the guy give you the red Toy Fair car that was shipped with each of the first forty HW cruisers? That little car alone is worth a couple of a hundred bucks. :shock:

Heres my Felt Twin. Gosh I love Felts! I'm up to 2 but want em ALL! :mrgreen: They just feel so right! And they react well to being motorized. This one has been fairly trouble free and goes like stink once it has a head of steam. Slow on take off but Ive seen 38 MPH on the speedo of unknown accuracy. 35 mph or so is Heck on wheels when its a bicycle :D

Month or so back I found a Chief on the local CL. Snagged it for a decent price and despite other build comitments could'nt help doooooing things to it. I cant leave nothing stock... :oops: This'un will also get a motor and double belt drive but with a different trans. Most of the parts are in but wating on motor and motor mount. Front wheel is off have a S/A 90mm drum laced in as I type this. The Brooks B33 isnt staying. That belongs on a Rat. I've got a Lepper Primus in tan coming from Germany for this one. :)

2013 Felt MP, thanks to Byron at my LBS for picking it up at Felt today.

syre4uny.jpg

4a4a6aqy.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I wish felt would not have cheaped out on their product. I love the look of the MP, but I could see several things that they have decide to change on the 2013 model that takes away from the bold look; no front rack, thinner fork, new handle bar stem, thinner tank frame. It reminds me too much of the Nirve military bike.

All that really matters is that you enjoy it silverbeach. These bikes look way better in person than in pics and I'm pretty sure that will be the case when I see it first hand. Congrats on your new bike, man.

rydr1 said:
I wish felt would not have cheaped out on their product. I love the look of the MP, but I could see several things that they have decide to change on the 2013 model that takes away from the bold look; no front rack, thinner fork, new handle bar stem, thinner tank frame. It reminds me too much of the Nirve military bike.

All that really matters is that you enjoy it silverbeach. These bikes look way better in person than in pics and I'm pretty sure that will be the case when I see it first hand. Congrats on your new bike, man.

Rydr1,

I have mixed feelings on the 2013 also, but I think the new fork ages better with the theme of the bike.

Tater said:
Nice score. You have one of the first forty Hotwheels 68 bikes produced. They are the only ones that have the three-color special edition tag. Did the guy give you the red Toy Fair car that was shipped with each of the first forty HW cruisers? That little car alone is worth a couple of a hundred bucks. :shock:

thats strange i have Hotwheels 68 #14 and mine isint a three colored badge.....................nor did i get a special car with it either.

Silverbeach said:
Didn't they do the Hotwheels two years with different color paint?

there were two editions of the hotwheels bike, The first edition, the burgandy with gold wheels, was just like any other basic felt with the Hotwheels tires and logo on the tank if i emember correctly. I hope I answered what you were asking.

f2.jpg
f1.jpg

Here is my El guapo which I modified the frame and seat post (4" back towards the rear wheel) as well as updating with profile 3 piece cranks and chain ring as well as powder coating the front fork.
Got the bike dirt cheap (free).
I want to keep it weathered looking so there are a few nice looking worn spots on the frame and handle bars.
the axle nuts are actually sockets welded to the nuts.
modifications are subtle and look factory.

just curious if anyone knows what the thread pattern is on the felt bikes? i want to get a set of spike nuts for my felt but no idea where to begin...........

Tater said:
Bryman31 said:
just curious if anyone knows what the thread pattern is on the felt bikes? i want to get a set of spike nuts for my felt but no idea where to begin...........

Front three star hubs and Nexus 3-speed rear hubs are 3/8" x 26TPI

Single speed rear hubs are 3/8" x 24TPI

thank you i appreciate that info!!

ok heres my newly updated Felt Sixty-8.....

new clubman bars, Brooks grips, Brooks B190 saddle, Joker Machine seat-post and lay back seat post clamp....

20130608_145427_zpse442e7f3.jpg

Back